Terragen v09 beginner

Started by ÆON, March 28, 2009, 04:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ÆON

Hey everyone, I discovered Terragen v0.9 about 24 hours ago, and I'm having a blast with it! So far I've made 8 pictures, I'll share the 3 best ones. These are actually 1024 x 768.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

These are the third and fourth pictures I made, once I figured out how to tweak the atmosphere a bit:

^In some ways, this one is still my favorite. I was going for an "otherworldly" sort of vibe.

^I have no idea how I got the sky to look like that.

And this one is the sixth one I made. It's definitely the best (most realistic) yet:

So, if I want to try my hand at TG2, which download should I use? Is it the "Terragen 2 Beta, Free Non-Commercial Edition" one?

Thanks for looking!  :)

MacGyver

The last one is actually pretty cool! :)
Yes, it's the "Terragen 2 Beta, Free Non-Commercial Edition" :P
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

ÆON

Thanks!

I suppose it's worth pointing out that I'm really not much of an artist. At least, not visually. I'm a musician/aspiring recording engineer, so I kind of live in my ears. I can't draw and I know nothing about cameras or Photoshop or anything like that. So I guess I'm pretty stoked that TG made it so easy for me to make something that's nice to look at!  :D

schmeerlap

Yep, that last one is the best, for the reasons you say yourself. I think you'll like Terragen 2 even more. But if you prefer the easier-to-use Terragen 0.9 then I'd suggest getting a separate terrain generator such as World Machine or GeoControl to give you more options and versatility with the terrains you build. Of the two I personally find Geocontrol easier to use.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

ÆON

Thanks, I'll probably check all of them out.

Arandil

And pick up Wilbur, it's free and a handy terrain/image conversion tool.