Rumour has it...

Started by Matt, April 02, 2009, 02:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Rumour has it that pre-purchasers of the Deep Edition who use "Check for Updates" are getting access to the final v2.0 release right now... We are making final preparations for the official v2.0 launch and press release, but if you're a pre-purchaser you don't need to wait...

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Kranky

Wow! :o Great news! Thanks!!! :)

pbelchamber

Great news! Downloading now.

mt_sabao

mt_sabao

download it already, but have to go to work. but release this puppy with a BANG, put the cool new website online!

AndyWelder

Thank you, installed and running! Looks great!!
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

echrei

15" MacBook Pro / 2.6GHz Penryn C2D / 4GB RAM / 500GB 7200RPM HDD / 8600M GT 512MB
Hackintosh / Dual X5680 @ 4.2GHz / 12GB RAM / 2TB HDD / GTX 480+260

Goms

Yeha! Looking Great!
No Time to test yet, but this evening will be a pleasure for me and the hell for my girlfriend.
However, congratulations Planetside for your first final X.0 release!!

now get back to work on 64-bit support and fractal erosion :p
Quote from: FrankB
you're never going to finish this image ;-)

kleinm

Thanks for this wonderful release.
Already within the first minutes you can feel the difference (rendering speed, preview ect.)
A  simple test scene rendered 30% faster! ;D
Good Work!

mike

Moose

Cheers guys, and congratulations on reaching the end of a long journey! Let the new journey begin.  8)

Oh, and the final polish on the UI looks really professional.

chromecity

Congratulations on the release - it looks great!  :)

There are 2 little nagging things that I thought might be changed in this release, but don't seem to be, so maybe someone can clue me in if I'm just doing something wrong.

1. In the Terrain tab, if I click the View Heightfield button, it makes the heightfield 2D display disappear.  But if I click it again, it doesn't come back.  Should that act as a toggle?  (I just now noticed that if I click off of the heightfield shader and then back onto it in the list box, the 2D heightfield view comes back, so that seems to be a work-around).

2. Is there a way to configure the preview so that that white bounding-box frame around the terrain doesn't show up?  I see a checkbox for the Background object, for example, called "Show b-box in preview".  Is there anything like that for terrains?

Thanks.  And congratulations again, Planetside!  :)
Regards,

Jeff Andrews
Chrome City Studios / FX Models

Jack

I take my hat off to you matt jo oshylan John and all other planetside software staff  ;)
what a journey this has been well done and thank you for the software that is in a league of its own
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

Jack

THIS IS AMAZING NO MORE 16 TEXTURE LIMIT HUUUUUURRRRAAAAYYY!!!!!!!!!
THANKYOU SO MUCH AGAIN!
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

steepside

Hello,this is my first post.I recently purchased Terragen 2 Deep. Its an incredible software.I wish Planetside a great success.This forum holds a spiffy bunch...Now back to the manual.  ;D

domdib

Congratulations on a fantastic product. I wish it every commercial success. And good luck with ironing out the last few kinks with the technical issues.