Render Bug ?

Started by DJ, April 07, 2009, 11:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

The difference between the two renders is only the position of the camera, all other parameters remained unchanged.
Has anyone ever encountered this phenomenon?

DJ

[attachthumb=#]

[attachthumb=#]

rcallicotte

Is this the clipping issue?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mohawk20

No, clipping is only in the 3D preview.

This looks more like the displacement bug some other topics talk about. And to me it looks like a bucket just finished up rendering while leaving out a piece of unrendered terrain.
Howgh!

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Mohawk20 on April 07, 2009, 06:08:47 PM
No, clipping is only in the 3D preview.

This looks more like the displacement bug some other topics talk about. And to me it looks like a bucket just finished up rendering while leaving out a piece of unrendered terrain.

It's not really a bucket if you ask me since it is not entirely vertical.
However, it's a nasty bug I hope soon will be solved.
Probably also has to do with that other "holes in terrain topic" and the other ones as well you mentioned.

matrix2003

I also experienced the holes.  Mine materialized as a triangle that rendered black, in the final, not the preview window.
I also upgraded my video driver to the latest version as was discussed here.  For now, it has not repeated.  -  Bill .
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

DJ

Thx for the comments.
As matrix2003 pointed out the bug is never visible in the preview, only in the final render.

DJ

gregsandor

I still get clipping with objects, based on camera position.  It seems to occur when the camera view area intersects the object bounding box.

gregsandor

Here's a closer view.  The GI calculations are done, but the near part of the object is invisible in final render.  Also note the black spot on the sky.

neuspadrin

In Untitled 6m37s.jpg, some of the supports are cut off slightly when you zoom in too. 

JimHT

I've seen other rendering bugs. Here is a very basic setup rendered in Terragen 2 beta 1.10.23.1, and rendered in the Terragen 2.0.1.1 release:

[attach=#]

[attach=#]

As you can see, there are some weird artifacts showing up in shadows. Worse yet, if you move the camera, the artifacts change. Something went horribly wrong in the render engine.

domdib

I think these are two separate issues, but the shadows one is being addresed - see this thread:
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=6026.0

Mandrake

Quote from: gregsandor on April 07, 2009, 10:22:07 PM
Here's a closer view.  The GI calculations are done, but the near part of the object is invisible in final render.  Also note the black spot on the sky.

This type of thing happens if the quality settings are low, especially if it was a tgo. This was nailed down long time back, with a pine tree.

Oshyan

We've fixed one rendering error which will be available in an upcoming patch. Please re-test these issues once that becomes available and let us know if they persist.

- Oshyan

gregsandor

Quote from: Mandrake on April 08, 2009, 08:28:37 PM
Quote from: gregsandor on April 07, 2009, 10:22:07 PM

This type of thing happens if the quality settings are low, especially if it was a tgo. This was nailed down long time back, with a pine tree.

Those are .obj models, single members of populations, rendered at Very High Quality.  The render itself was at Detail 1, AA 3, GI 1 and 1.  I sent Matt a .tgd of this scene and models last year with example renders at 6 different camera locations.  Where the camera view intersects the model within the bounding box of the population the model renders the GI then fails to complete the final render.  Where the camera is not in the box it renders fine.

Mandrake

Ok, just grasping at staws here, but another thing that can cause this is scaling down the model.
I doubt this is the case here, though.
If you scale something down to much it will explode.

It could be that the model's uv mapping, need to be re assigned, for some reason. IT may have gone through one conversion to many.