I want to buy an license...

Started by DaSucker, April 15, 2009, 02:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Planetside, does this make you as nervous as it does me - having people consistently try to get a license through the forums rather than see how easy it is on your main website?  Understanding people's needs, it still doesn't make sense to bust into a forum and clamor about wanting a license, when the main website clearly indicates what needs to be done.

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

neuspadrin

well the new issues are related to problems with the website preventing people from buying without little tricks due to the new layout.  when some people get asked for login they just get confused, i hit cancel to see what happens.

So hopefully now, once the no submit button or whatever issue is looked into, it will be good to go.

DaSucker

Yep and what me wonders is that: 8 days ago a friend of mine, which is a student, wrote an email to planetside
to get an educational license. He had never get an reply from planetside. That is not a good way to treat potential
buyers. Maybe he should wrote that to the forums, but i think he will buy now Vue instead, because they had answered
him very quickly...

Sorry for my bad english...

neuspadrin

Planetside does need to increase purchase response time I think. Mine took ~6 days to get a first response, but he mentioned I was flagged as spam, and they only check through the filter every few days.  But after the first response it was very quick.

Maybe planetside can add a subject line header that will get through, and mention to use it when sending emails to registration and such?   Like start all subjects with "TG Registration: <insert actual subject here>", and then filter so those messages don't get spam filtered?

Or find a way to get it automated license key files?

buzzzzz1

They always blame it on the Spam Filter.  :D
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

neuspadrin

Which leads me to think its a tad to strong perhaps, and by setting a subject line that filters as a good email always would increase response time, assuming its not a spam conspiracy ;)

i can understand the occasional message falling to spam filters and not showing, but the spam filter shouldn't cause more problems then it fixes ;)

Oshyan

We get a pretty high volume of spam on the registration email in particular (much less so to support funny enough). So it's not surprising that some things get misfiled from time to time. Generally our response time is good though. I would definitely like to move to a more automated system, but because of our user-specific key generation it is non-trivial to set this up with a shopping cart system, etc. It's something I hope to tackle in the future.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Good luck.  It might help, with the proper AI.

Quote from: Oshyan on April 23, 2009, 01:44:51 PM
It's something I hope to tackle in the future.

- Oshyan
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

DaSucker

Anyways... I finally got my license key!
Thanks for this speedy delivery planetside!
now i am happy! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D