I want to buy an license...

Started by DaSucker, April 15, 2009, 02:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaSucker

Hello i would like to buy an license for terragen 2.
Before, i have two questions concerning the different types
of license. If i decided to buy the version without the animation feature
(Terragen Deep) can i later upgrade to the version with animation (Terragen 2 "Deep" with Animation)?
How much would it cost?

Best regards
Michael

neuspadrin

you can always upgrade.  i believe its a policy of just paying the difference of the costs for the upgrade.

Aagam

I was going to ask this same question. I bought Deep two years ago, but I"d like to upgrade to the animation version now.

neuspadrin

I'm almost 100% sure the upgrade cost is just the additional difference between deep and deep + animation.

my suggestion is if you are considering animation, go for it now while its cheaper, as upgrade costs could be higher with new pricing thats to be announced soon.

as thats how it was with my experience.  i purchased it normal deep, but then realized like few months later they offered educational discounts, and being a college student i asked if perhaps i could take advantage of that and instead of a refund for the difference i asked for animation to get popped on there at education discount ;)

rcallicotte

Send an email to Planetside and ask how much an upgrade is.  If you don't get an answer, shout around here some more and maybe someone will come out of testing to help.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Yes, you can upgrade to Animation at a later time, the price is currently $120, which is slightly more than the difference between Deep and Deep + Animation. As others have noted the price for all versions will be going up soon, and that will likely include upgrades, even for licenses originally purchased before the price increase.

- Oshyan

DaSucker

Thanks for your fast replies!

Michael

DaSucker

Hi again,

i just want to buy my license but when i started to do that the server needs an Authorization?
I dont have an user/password for that. Whats going wrong or missed i something?
Plz help!

Thanks
Michael

neuspadrin

Just hit cancel on that and it should bring up the page to buy on still.

And planetside you forgot to un-password some css, or change the links on the buy page to the new area, as it is still linking "http://www.planetside.co.uk/newsite/templates/planetside/css/template_css.css", when im guessing its supposed to be like "http://www.planetside.co.uk/templates/planetside/css/template_css.css" where the new un passworded directory one is ;)

jo

Hi,

Quote from: neuspadrin on April 23, 2009, 07:54:18 AM
Just hit cancel on that and it should bring up the page to buy on still.

And planetside you forgot to un-password some css, or change the links on the buy page to the new area, as it is still linking "http://www.planetside.co.uk/newsite/templates/planetside/css/template_css.css", when im guessing its supposed to be like "http://www.planetside.co.uk/templates/planetside/css/template_css.css" where the new un passworded directory one is ;)

Thanks, I'll get on it. Just trying to think it was working for me and of course I have the login for the protected pages in my browser! Duh.

Regards,

Jo

neuspadrin

You might want to give the tg classic purchase pages a check too ;)

Everything else I've gone to so far has been good though, just did a quick run through to try to snag a login screen.

jo

Hi,

All fixed now, for TG2 and TG Classic. Thanks for the heads up, sorry for the inconvenience :-).

Regards,

Jo

DaSucker

Hi again,

so the authorization is now gone. But when i finally made it to the "Secure Payment Page"
there is no "Submit button" to send my data!? Maybe the IFrame of the payment page is to small
or where i go wrong?

Plz help again!

Michael

PS. It seems that i have no luck to purchase TG2 :'(

neuspadrin

Guess they will have to fix that, lol.

Personally I like paypal which if you have one, it probably would work properly the entire way through no problem. 

DaSucker

Hi again,

so finally i made it!!! My workaround: I have to show the Secure Payment Page Frame
(my browser: Firefox) in a new window. And now i want my license file!  :)

@neuspadrin: Yep i like Paypal too!

Regards
Michael