Cross upgrade pricing?

Started by rkphelps, April 29, 2009, 09:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkphelps

Any Chance Terragen 2 being available with a Cross upgrade pricing offer (many software companies do this) for owners of Vue 7?

As a Hobbyist I'm always looking for ways to keep my software costs as low as possible and under the radar of the Budget Police (the Wife). ;D

Eon with Vue has priced themselves out of my budget comfort zone and Vue 7 Complete (from Vue 6 Infinite) was my last upgrade with them. I am thinking of jumping ships to Terragen 2, but because of this bad world economy every purchase I make has to considered carefully. I don't want to sell my vue 7 as I've just upgraded last month and it would be easier to pull the trigger and jump to Terragen if there was an additional incentive before the May 30th deadline when the prices go up.

Once on board I'd most likely be a long time buyer as I'm kind of a software addict and upgrade prices are usually easier to fit in the budget. I'm sure there are alot of Vue users out there in the same situation as I am. There are many upset with the new Vue insane increase in their pricing structure and limited upgrade paths (no upgrade from vue 7  complete to 7 infinite).

Now would be a good time to go after those disgruntled Vue users and really increase Terragen's user base going into the future.

Maybe a cross grade pricing structure for the Terregen products could look like this: $149.00 Terrigen 2, $229.00 with animation, & $599.00 with X-frog or if that's to much of a discount on the larger packages another option would be to offer a $50.00 discount across the board.

I hope this is considered because Terragen 2 is looking real good and I'd love to replace Vue with it going forward in my software arsenal.

For now I'm playing with the free Terragen 2 version and evaluating it's full potential in my imagination as to what worlds I can create with it and it looks real promising. ;D

Rob

neuspadrin

You are aware that $199 and $299 are the discount prices, and soonish will increase both of them by $100.  Planetside is being quite generous with the prices for hobbiests as is, and really the discount is already in effect currently, so I suggest getting it now before it does a price increase.

rkphelps

???This isn't about the price being fair or not, just asking that cross grades be included in the current sale structure.

Example: I just upgraded my Messiah animation Software (www.projectmessiah.com) to version 4 just released this month also. They also have a sale until the end of may then the price goes up, but they included an additional cross upgrade discount during this period for owners of Maya, 3dMax, and Lightwave. Pmg is a small company like Planetside I think only 3 or 4 guys and it's worked well for them and I'm only suggesting Planetside consider doing the same.

I think it would be a smart move for them to go hard after the Vue user base, Just sayin. ;)

Oshyan

It's not a bad idea, however I think any such "competitive discounts" probably would not go into effect until after our current promotional pricing. I think you will get your best deal now since it is $100 less than it will be by the end of May.

- Oshyan