who can make this object?

Started by Dune, May 04, 2009, 08:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

Thanks, I did a quick google for info on the old church and could only find something quite rcent looking, but made the assumption of age and location from your rather accumplished oil painting:)
Its a very unusual design, the circular section is reminiscent of very early Christian buildings (almost romano-celtic), the tower looks Moorish and the "chapel" looks medievil. The biggest "fudge" I made was to squeze the chapel section slightly wider than in the drawings so it met the ring arches properly. Of the windows which are the ones you dont like so much? There are differant sizes on the differant sections.  I've just noticed that you cant see the change in angle of the upper circular roof, turning OFF "smoothing" should fix that.
:)
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Dune

Hi Richard,

I haven't loaded it yet, but from the pictures you attached I notice that the windows in the upper dome are too big. It's quite a huge building, the outer 20-sided 'dome' about 30 meters in diameter. The windows were probably not much larger than 70 to max 100cm high and half as narrow. The walls are really thick is what I see from the drawing (this was based upon excavations); about 2.5 meters! Were the upper/inner dome starts (where the windows are) is about 12-14 meters up, that's really high up already. And the top of the dome roof is 25 meters up.
In my painting I put some figures beside it, they are very small in comparison. I also think the brick structure should be smaller to add to the sense of scale (as far as I can see from your picture so far), but that's easily fixed in TGD.
What do you mean by turning off 'smoothing'. I can't do that, can I?

I can't wait to load it in TG, so I'll switch to my offline side now (I have 2 XP on one pc).

---Dune

Dune

Just back from testing the church, but it's an .lwo! I couldn't load it properly in TGD. I also tried to load it in Wings and export it as .obj again, but it then showed the same flaws, as you can see from the render. Would it be possible for you to make it into an .obj, which I can use in TGD? I do certainly hope so!!

---Dune

Mohawk20

Hmmm, looks like a few normals are inverted...
Howgh!

Hetzen

Hi Dune

This should work. You need to add the textures within TG, but it went in OK for me, had to weld a few vertices together in Max.

Dune

This is very exciting, I'll have a go at it tomorrow. It's late now...

---Dune

cyphyr

Hmm, sorry about that, Thought I had upped the obj not the lwo. Looks like the lwo importer is not working properly.
I've made a few adjustments, smaller windows, true hollow interior etc and I'll upload the final version later, tomorrow maybe, and this time I'll make sure its the obj I upload lol :)
Of course if Hetzes update works fine for you use that :)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

RArcher

Simply opening it up in Poseray and resaving as an Obj works fine as well.  It looks great on the side of a cliff, just as I suspected  :D

Hetzen

Just trying to help.

And learning myself.

Dune

I quickly opened it last night and it looks fine. In a minute I'm going to get the textures in and see how it looks. Thanks very much, I really appreciate your efforts. But I would prefer it if you'd have a go at the smaller windows though. I now realize I painted them quite large as well, but 'in fact' (nothing is sure) they would probably be not that big, not like more modern church windows. And indeed, Richard, it is a strange mixture of styles, but a very intriguing form as it is.

---Dune

Dune

It's perfect! Don't worry about the windows, if it's too much hassle, they're quite alright. But I would really like to have a door at the towerbase... would that be possible? I've attached a photo of an old Dutch chapeldoor, just for the idea. Something less elaborate would do, and preferably with one half of the dubbel door opened! Looks more inviting.

I found another interesting photo, I once made in France. I don't seek for this as a model, but perhaps you'd like to have this reference for some spare hours. It's a very strange ruin, very intriguing. I do have one or two other (much simpler, Stone Age farms) things on my wanting list, so I hope I may get back to you one day. Give me a quote if you like.

I look forward to an .obj with door if possible!

---Dune

bertrand

And while you're at it Cyphyr, I need the Eifel tower, the Brooklyn bridge, a biggish oil rig (don't worry about the underwater parts unless you really want to do them), a few warships and Saint-Peter's all textured by tomorrow morning to put up for sale on my turbosquid shop. I very much appreciate it, man. You're a star.

cyphyr

Quote from: bertrand on May 07, 2009, 07:43:24 AM
And while you're at it Cyphyr, I need the Eifel tower, the Brooklyn bridge, a biggish oil rig (don't worry about the underwater parts unless you really want to do them), a few warships and Saint-Peter's all textured by tomorrow morning to put up for sale on my turbosquid shop. I very much appreciate it, man. You're a star.
Hmmm ... ???
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

Dune

Indeed... hmmm. Please note that I would be willing to pay, I'm not a beggar.

---Dune

cyphyr

Done now I think lol (it was fun doing this and maybe I'll incorporate it into something at some time)
The rar file is now 837kb so wont upload here, shall I email it to you?
enjoy
Richard

ps: never thought you (or anybody else here) was a begger, really some people!!
And hey if your making some decent money from this of course I'd apriaciate a share but I didn't do it for the cash, just the fun and you know its nice and rewarding to help people sometimes.
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\