who can make this object?

Started by Dune, May 04, 2009, 08:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Can anyone direct me to someone who will quote me for making this church (I painted it in oils for a book) into a quite detailed object, usable in TG2? I need to know a price first, as the project is still to come. Unless someone wants to have a go at it for free... Measurements and such are available. I do have something I brewed up in XFrog, but that's far from ideal.

---Dune

Tangled-Universe

Hmmm...if I had time I'd love to give it a go with sketchup.
Are you familiar with sketchup? Sketchup is quite easy and very fast. The arch structures aren't that easy probably, but there are tons of tuts for sketchup on the net and certainly some which cover arch structures.

Martin

Dune

Hi Martin,

I know Sketchup, have tried it, but it didn't export object files. I also have tried some other 3D apps (3D Canvas, Anim8or) but never got the hang of it. There's probably someone out there who can whip it up in no time.

---Dune

Tangled-Universe

Ah yes, totally forgot that the pro-version only exports models...sorry!

cyphyr

I'll make it if you like, looks fairly simple, (could be deceptive of course ;) )

I use Ligtwave and its made for work like this.

Since I have no TG usable PC for the time being, just this cruddy ol' laptop it'll be cool to have something to work on :)

Can you let me have as detailed as posible plans & images etc I may have to source my own textures but as it will be uv mapped you can aply your own.

:)

richard

made a quick mockup ..., couldn't quite qork out how the closest roof joined onto the main round roof. Plenty of detail to add ...
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Mohawk20

I use 3DsMax to doodle about a bit, and I think this is quite easy to do by using arrays for the middle part, and simple primitives for the rest...
I could give it a go after I return from vacation next week.
Howgh!

Dune

Hey Cyphyr, that's great! Already looks stunning. I'll scan the plan I have and attach it real soon. I'll get back to you.

@Mohawk; enjoy your holiday, Cyphyr may beat you to it. But grateful to you both.

---Dune

sjefen

Quote from: Mohawk20 on May 04, 2009, 11:15:27 AM
I use 3DsMax to doodle about a bit, and I think this is quite easy to do by using arrays for the middle part, and simple primitives for the rest...
I could give it a go after I return from vacation next week.

I wish I had 3ds max. Then I would have given it a try myself.
Anyway.... looks like cyphyr is on the right track. Keep it up cyphyr ;)

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Dune

There I am again, with a scan of the plan. There's some measurements beside it. I guess the window holes are slightly smaller, but you nailed it very nicely allready, Cyphyr. The roof was actually made of lead, strips of it overlapping eachother, but that's too much detail I guess. There's one more middle rib/ridge from the rooftop downward in the middle of each of the 10 top sections, and also in each of the 20 lower roof sections, as you can see in the detail.
There's also an unobtrusive ornamental ridge just below the higher roof, but it's not clear how that looked. And I don't know how to interpret the spiral staircase housing that can be seen, maybe forget about it or think of some easy attachment. At the tower front side there's probably a big door. In the outbuilding there's two adjoining windows within each arch at the three sides. The windows are just holes, it was 1100 AD after all.

I hope you have enough information. Let me know if you don't. Many thanks, I'm much obliged for your effort.

Will you post the obj or mail it personally?

---Dune

cyphyr

Having fun with this :)
One question for now, are the arches straight at the sides as in the drawing, or gently curved as in the painting?
thanks
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

Dune

Well, that's very sharp! I should have painted them more straight, actually. The drawing is the correct version (so straight at the sides), my painting is an 'artistic interpretation with all its flaws'.

There wouldn't be very much textures, would there? The walls are bricks of about 30 x 10 cm, there's the lead roof and there's a door at the front tower (and perhaps a small door at the small staircase housing, if you decide to venture into that). So three. Perhaps it's possible to make the window/door frames a different texture, so I can attach a slightly lighter stone texture? They might stand out a lttle more then. But you see what you can do, I wouldn't want to ask too much.

---Dune

cyphyr

Here you go, I think this is about it :)
No door I'm afraid or Spiral staircase :) The door I could not see any referance to and the spiral staircase I could'nt work out how the roof would blend in. :(

The textures are all from CGTEXTURES:
ConcreteBare0182_2_S.jpg
BrickOldRounded0009_3_S.jpg
MetalBare0115_2_M.jpg
too large to upload but you can get them or more suitable ones there
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

RArcher

That looks really fantastic Richard.  I'd love to stick that up on a Spanish cliff side.

cyphyr

Thanks hehe I think however its suposed to be in the low countries somewhere :)
Oh here is the model.
Sorry my webtinet is very slow on my laptop so appologies if my posts seem slightly more garbled than usual  ;D

enjoy and let me know if there are any additions or improvements you need :)

next please :!!

richrad
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

Dune

Hey Cyphyr, that really great. It's looking awesome. I'll have a go at this and respond to you real soon. The only thing I'm a bit worried about is the size of the window openings, the black holes. But if you don't want to change that, no problem, I'm really satisfied as it is.
And yes, it's a church that was only there for a couple of centuries around 1000 AD. in the north of Holland. But it would look good in a desert as well,with a couple of lonely trees, rocks and blowing sand.

I might ask you again  ;D

--- Dune

ps. good luck with your broken down machine