Heighfield Load

Started by john_knowles, May 06, 2009, 07:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john_knowles

I'm sorry, I'm being stupid, I've read on the homepage that TG2 supports geotiffs.

On this node ref page for heightfield load it says:

"Heightfields must be in Terragen Terrain .ter format, or a supported image format"

http://www.planetside.co.uk/docs/tg2/noderef/window_2_14.html?MenuState=HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAcVVVVBEAAABAEAAAAcAAAEAAAEAAEQAAB

I cannot find a list of those supported formats. There are many hundred of DEM file types. How do I guess which ones TG2 is designed to work with? Or have I missed a page with that info. I'm assuming there isn't an indexable help file so if someone knows I'd be very happy. Thanks

gregsandor

Welcome to Terragen.  It is all trial and error here.

I've used geotiffs as heightfields.  I didn't have a .tfw (world file, which you can usually get when you download the dem data, or produce on yourself) so had to adjust the elevation range, but it works.

Oshyan

A list of all supported formats will be provided in the documentation. I know, I sound like a broken record.

For DEMs, the only native "DEM" format currently supported is GeoTIFF. Other supported heightfield formats are TG's native TER, BMP, TGA, TIF... basically any of the image formats that are also supported in the Image Map shader.

- Oshyan