Sunshine (V2)

Started by GioMez, May 08, 2009, 01:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GioMez

Another image that was originally a sort of lighting test...
I want to work on it during the weekend to tweak something (grass and leaves first!), I hope to find the time ;D
I also planned to render it at higher resolution, but continuos unknown thread errors are frustrating... :(
Models made by Walli (thank you for sharing your pack!), me and Xfrog.
100% Terragen 2 (exept some minor color adjustment and the signature made in GIMP).

Hope you like it!  :)

Tangled-Universe

The lighting on the leaves is great! Unfortunately the bark doesn't get along very well.
Perhaps it would be nice to have a dense population in the background and then blur it a bit with a TG2-DOF.
Hmmm...seeing you have thread errors, so my suggestions/wishful thinking could be troubling your pc :)

Martin

Hetzen

Those leaves are fantastic, best part for me. I also like your population in the far left, looks very natural. The bloom filter you've rendered this with makes those thinner trees on the left look as if they're on the wrong side of the river. Just a suggestion, on your rock out crops, on the steeper angles, maybe make the displacement scale larger, so the displacements on the lower angles look like scree/fallen rocks would help break up your rock structure. Just a thought.

GioMez

Thank you for your useful comments  :)
TU, the errors appened when it was the turn of the water, so maybe the problem is there. I'll try to make population denser! And I agree with you about the bark: it needs some work (maybe I've also rose too much the displacement multiplier).
Hertzen, I'll work on the displacements. Also because there are some "exploding stones" issues ;D

Phylloxera

Full with good ideas but the result is rather unmethodical!

GioMez

I know... there are a lot of things I must learn in TG2, but I'll try to get better :)

Zairyn Arsyn

I really like the blurred reflections on the water
:)
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

kaisersuzuki

can you share your translucency settings for those leaves or how you got that look?  I am trying to reproduce similar effect.

Phylloxera

Quote from: GioMez on May 09, 2009, 05:03:48 AM
I know... there are a lot of things I must learn in TG2, but I'll try to get better :)

Of course !

GioMez

Quote from: kaisersuzuki on May 09, 2009, 04:34:42 PM
can you share your translucency settings for those leaves or how you got that look?  I am trying to reproduce similar effect.

Sorry for the delay!
Diffuse color: 1.1 - Color: 255, 255, 255
Translucency: 1 - Color: 255, 255, 255

Keep in mind that other factors could influence the result (such as heading and power of the sunlight)

Saurav

Excellent render, the only thing bothering me is the barren areas, they seem very ordaniray compared to the rest of the scene. Colours are spot on. The blur makes it look like giant tress on the far bank of the river.

rcallicotte

I like the left side of the image best.  It looks realistic enough and beautiful.  The right side lighting just seems strange...sort of unnatural.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

GioMez

Version 2
Worked on many things: leaves, rock surface, fake stones, populations and settings.

domdib

Lovely. The only thing I would change is make the water colour a little less saturated. And I really like the rich patches of dark green veg on the cliff (not the bushes, though they are cool too, but the patches that look like v thick moss or v fine grass). How did you do that?

tumasch

Ooh, I like the ground cover a lot. Nice lighting, too.
Décider c'est mourir un peu.