Namibia *V2.5*

Started by FrankB, May 09, 2009, 12:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Hi guys, got a new one I'm working on. It has the light evening clouds from the sky starter pack, but other than that it's built from scratch. The scene resembles the plains before the quartz mountains, in Spitzkoppe, Namibia.

Hope you like it,
Frank

*** see end of thread for V2.5 ***

EoinArmstrong

Great realism - the lighting is superb!

inkydigit

beautiful, love the details here!

Tangled-Universe

Like I said the lighting and atmo are beautiful. If it's up to me you could really leave out the clouds, would make the image more serene. I'm glad you didn't over-do the clouds by loading the sky with it though.
The stones are awesome and the lighting is splendid. However, I still think you should do something about your base soil :)
Nice models as well and the overall color-palette is sweet :)

Martin

MacGyver

Beautiful stones! :D I agree about the clouds, the image would be quieter without them.
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

FrankB

thanks for the comments so far :)
Martin, I'll scan a crop of my reference image and you'll see that the sand is really dark, moist brown earth. I think the real problem is that I may be missing some more smaller white stones. Overall, it's a very unusual place, here in reality.
Glad you at least do not entirely find these clouds out of place ;D

Considering the image renders pretty fast, I may add a few improvements another time and render again.

Cheers,
Frank

choronr

I am very impressed with this scene; and, find it inspiring to go ahead and try something like it. I think I saw those dried grass clumps on one of Jay's renders ...looking great against those while boulders. Where did you get the dried grass?

FrankB

Hi Bob,
Jay has sent me the link to the product on turbosquid. it was at 13 USD.
I think it's a product from Walli, actually.
Here's the link: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-grass-gras/414182

Cheers,
Frank

choronr

Thanks Frank, I'll check it out. It is most natural looking, especially when mixed in with some green grasses and other ground covers.

Hetzen

Love the quartz texture and displacements, brilliant.

kaisersuzuki

Naoo

Hi

The middle part is perfect!

ciao
Naoo

Phylloxera

Good work on the stones !

rcallicotte

Cool Fake Stones.  Good lighting.  Great point of view.  Lovely scene.

You could scuff up the stones a little...a picky point.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

domdib