Green Hill WIP [update 2009-12-11]

Started by Walli, May 12, 2009, 03:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Quote from: mr-miley on June 26, 2009, 10:48:40 AM
Ahhh, Moose, One too many vodkas I fear (and at this time in th afternoon too... tsk tsk)

;D ;D ;D

Miles

Nope, I can see it too... after just 2 Budweiser's! ;D
Very good picture! I know the mood you want to achieve with the clouds, are they really that blue? Anyway, are you restricted in size by the free version? This would really be a pity, as your picture is outstanding as of now! :)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Jack

WOW this is awesome so realistic I don't usually like realism but this is stunning!!!
Maybe you should add some ivy to the church walls and maybe edit the church textures add some cracks etc
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

dandelO

QuoteI don't usualy like realism but this is stunning!!!

:D :D :D

MacGyver

Yeah, reality is boring ;D Let's join the Federation Against Nature... ;D

What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Jack

Um I used to always go for realism but then I began to think what's the point? I could take a picture of some rocks rather than wait 10-15 hours for it to render :-\
but their are always some realism renders I like ;D
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

arisdemos

You have added interest to the image , but the POV and landscape are still rather limited as regards the presenting of your Church object. There is very little subtle landscape development to aid in foreground guidence that would lead one's eye to the subject. The color and textural quality of the scene elements and objects are splendid, but by my lights the church is not framed too well in a pictorial sense. I realise that I am suggesting a remake of the basic terrain, still I have to call it as I see it.

Oshyan

Personally I love it. Stunning! The PoV is great for me, vegetation obviously tops, lighting, atmosphere, everything. Wonderful.

- Oshyan

FrankB

agree with Oshyan, and cannot disagree more with arisdemos! To me, I find it particularly interesting to not be able to see past that hill, whereas the church demonstrates that the landscape continues beyond our horizon. All in all, it's a completely believable shot.

Cheers,
Frank

Seth

like this render. ^^
it tells a story...
I like the pov too and i hope you won't change it, the church is a bit "clean" to my eyes but that is the detail point of the render, so...
good job !

arisdemos

Well Frank I respect your (and everyone's) reasons/opinions for boosting this particular image of Walli's, but I still think your collective input here is in this case and possible others, blowing smoke up our learning curve.  What I see is part of a super clean church visible over a rather flowery well grassed but still mundane round hill, and I am only saying that Walli's work in the past has been, ...well more interesting!. 

I have heard a lot of on thread gassing on this site about Renderosity and that crowd's propensity for way too much C&C fluffing of each other's artistic ego. We are mostly here to learn, and I would hope we would not want any hint of common interests in mutual promotion (of whatever?) to shuck and jive the way to what Seth so succinctly described those at Renderosity doing to each other. 

dandelO

I think it is great. I wouldn't say so if I didn't and I'm sure the same can be said for most active users on this forum.
This isn't Renderosity, pfffft, if it was anything near it I'd no longer be a member. I've seen some brutally honest comments here on some images and you know what, the user recieving them will usually take the correct meaning from those and progress even further with their scene. Yes, me aswell, it's this type encouragement that makes people learn, share and progress more. For the most part, eh?

I'm usually very sparse with my image comments but when I see a beauty that makes me think 'Wow!', I'll say it.
I still maintain that this last one of Walli's is a fantastic TG image.

Bravissimo!
5 *****'s,
C'est fantastique!
etc. etc. etc.

:D :D :D

dandelO

*** I have no reason to 'boost this particular image of Walli's'.

It's just nice.

arisdemos

To all concerned: my critique here was honestly and sincerly intended to assist an already superb tg2 and Xfrog craftsman perhaps improve his current work to match what I have come to consider an expected achievent level normalized by his own creative yardstick. I know everyone has a right to state his or her opinion of my C&C, but I don't think it does this forum or anybody else any great benifit to lambast a negative reviewer/review just because the criticism is aimed at a more proficient/popular member. It is easy enough for everyone in the glad on this thread to simply deny that this is what is taking place, but  the heat sure seems to pretty consistantly go up when one (I) should dare to raise even a hint of a hind leg to one of this forum's creatively "bigger  dogs."

Dandel0 I am also very sparing in using the C&C "rod" here and would not be quite so candid with any obviously lesser enabled tg2 artist/tech. I have in the past (as many well know) faced some stormy threads and ignited some rather massive angry membership reaction on this forum.  Holding the line on the right to a truly frank and independant C&C function is I believe worth the cost in wrathful peers calling me incredibly dirty names like "artist" or "poet."  Comrades, kinsmen now have I spoken thus, tis said, and now I exert thee.

Oshyan

Walli paid me for my comment.  :o

- Oshyan

buzzzzz1

Looks nice! Clouds are my favorite part in this. 

88 Comments! Wow! Just like at Renderosity!  ;) 
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS