Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

... just salt.

Regards,
Frank

## V2 further down the thread ##

Seth

RArcher

Love the super wide angle where you can see the curvature.  If you can rough up and add some negative displacement to the grave marker that would be even better, it seems a bit to clean and perfect as is.  Also there is something wrong with the white stones to me, perhaps it is just that my fake stones turn out like this all the time and I just don't like them.  Great picture though, the scale is truly amazing.

Phylloxera

Beautiful and originally render !

ra

Outstanding! Damn this is cool and somehow reminds me of "Pirates of the Caribbean"  :o
Just great!
Mouthwash? We don't need no stinking mouthwash!! [MI2]
See what I see: www.earthlings.com
http://dinjai.deviantart.com

rcallicotte

Cool catch.  Great find of sunlight.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

MacGyver

This image is telling a whole story :) Anyone noticed the house in the background? :D
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

buzzzzz1

Looks Good! The Fish are Happy as Hell too!
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

JimAward

Intriging composition and atmosphere. Very good.

FrankB

thanks!

@Ryan: there is going to be a version 2. I just wanted to show the almost finished version earlier to get some feedback. The tombstone definitely would benefit from some roughness. I will see to that. Also the fake stones will be improved, that's for certain. There is no wide angle thought. In fact the camera FOV has been reduced a lot. The curvature that you see is a nice side effect, but it's due to an optical illusion, caused by the terrain.

@Jay: yes the fish are happy ... in hell. No water, no fish. Life's a bitch ;D

Frank

domdib

High quality as always. My only cavil - just a tad too much of that eye-searingly white salt in the composition.

FrankB

Quote from: domdib on May 12, 2009, 03:59:00 PM
High quality as always. My only cavil - just a tad too much of that eye-searingly white salt in the composition.

what would you expect from a long dried out salt lake? ;D

EoinArmstrong

Atmo settings are excellent, particularly.

FrankB

2nd and final version. Thank you for your help thus far :)

Cheers,
Frank

PS: forgot to mention that I am using two species of a beta version of Walli's upcoming NWDA grasses in this render.

MacGyver

Did you add a grain effect to the clouds? In case you did, it works fine, in case you didn't, never mind ;)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine