Savannah Sunrise

Started by JimAward, May 12, 2009, 01:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimAward

My second post here.
I did some testing on population distribution, atmosphere and cloud settings, and ground shading.

How to get rid of this grain in the sun rays and clouds? My settings (TG Free Edition):
Atmosphere: 80 samples
Clouds: 100
Renderer detail 0.8, AA 3, GI 2/8/8

I did other renders on this scene with different sun and atmo settings etc. The trees look a kind of 2D and quite dark all the time. I want them more 3D but I have no idea how.

Any comment welcome. Thanks.

[attach=#]

rcallicotte

A little finer atmospheric detail and maybe a wider version and this would be excellent.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mahnmut

Its no wonder the trees look a bit dark and flat,
a foto taken looking into the sun wouldn´t be much better.
Maybe some translucency on the leaves could help though.
Best regards,
Jan

rcallicotte

Mahnmut has a point.  Translucency would help.

JimAward

Quote from: calico on May 12, 2009, 04:26:44 PM
A little finer atmospheric detail and maybe a wider version and this would be excellent.

A wider orientation sounds like a good suggestion Calico.

Is there a way to force the 3D Preview to the same aspect ratio as defined in the render section? When I change the render settings in let's say 16:9, this is what happens with the top and bottom borders of the 3D Preview:

[attach=#]

dandelO

When this happens, Jim, close your preview window with the little 'X' at the top right of it, then go to 'view' and click on '3d preview'(or just hit F4). This will sort the aspect out.

You can also just save straight after changing ratios/resolutions and then hit 'revert to saved' in the file dialogue. This'll also reset the 3d preview to the correct dimensions.

FrankB

even simpler: just resize the 3d preview by dragging the border with the mouse. one pixel is enough. it will fix the aspect ratio in the preview.

Hetzen

Useful to know, I was having the same problems.

FrankB

Quote from: Hetzen on May 13, 2009, 10:55:07 AM

you're welcome! Just knock of the doors of "FrankB's TG2 Tips 'n Tricks Eporium" from time to time ;D

rcallicotte

This sort of stuff should be in the documentation.

Quote from: FrankB on May 13, 2009, 10:51:42 AM
even simpler: just resize the 3d preview by dragging the border with the mouse. one pixel is enough. it will fix the aspect ratio in the preview.

MacGyver

Quote from: FrankB on May 13, 2009, 11:01:43 AM

you're welcome! Just knock of the doors of "FrankB's TG2 Tips 'n Tricks Eporium" from time to time ;D

*knock knock*

Is there a way to get the sky displayed correctly in the preview window of version 2.0.31? It has been now for some versions that I have "blank vertices" throughout the sky - is this a bug? Anyone noticed?
PS: I got around the aspect ratio problem by simply using the windows-icons and changing between fullscreen and window mode ;)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Hetzen

Quote from: FrankB on May 13, 2009, 11:01:43 AM

Will do chap :)

domdib

@MacGyver - this seems to be a clipping issue - try selecting the preview window and then [ or ]

MacGyver

Quote from: domdib on May 13, 2009, 04:52:17 PM
@MacGyver - this seems to be a clipping issue - try selecting the preview window and then [ or ]

Yes, could be... what was it that I should do after selecting the preview window?
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

domdib

Press either the "[" or "]" keys