Explorers - NWDA Contest Final

Started by darthvader, May 19, 2009, 06:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domdib

It looks pretty real now, so I guess any future changes are now just a matter of taste.

darthvader

The final version on this one, it's been fun!

http://gannaingh32.deviantart.com/art/Explorers-WIP-123058917

FrankB

this is really fantastic! great job!

Frank

Seth

really amazing render !
you did a very good job darthvader !

MacGyver

What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Henry Blewer

Wow. I really like this. I hope this one takes the prize!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Seth

we are not even in July yet, there are a few weeks to come ;)
the competition is far from being over ^^

Seth

two questions :

1- is that a dead tree in the water (red circle) ?
2- still have these "lines bug" in the water (green circle), damn... this bug is very annoying...

nonethless, great render !  :D

FrankB

what do you mean with "lines"? I can see no lines that would be unsual....

MacGyver

Quote from: FrankB on June 23, 2009, 02:17:25 PM
what do you mean with "lines"? I can see no lines that would be unsual....

I had also a hard time finding any lines... um, I didn't actually ;)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Naoo

Hi

realy great realism!

ciao
Naoo

dandelO

I see what Seth's saying about the lines, it's the parallel lines that 'microvertex jittering' is supposed to help fix.
I suffer this problem with water(it's pretty apparent in the foam.tgd example image I uploaded) and also my grass surface, which occaisionally has these train tracks/fan-lines.

This is a great render, though, and I'm not sure I'd have even noticed the fan-lines on the water at all, it's very slight.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: dandelO on June 23, 2009, 04:35:06 PM
I see what Seth's saying about the lines, it's the parallel lines that 'microvertex jittering' is supposed to help fix.
I suffer this problem with water(it's pretty apparent in the foam.tgd example image I uploaded) and also my grass surface, which occaisionally has these train tracks/fan-lines.

This is a great render, though, and I'm not sure I'd have even noticed the fan-lines on the water at all, it's very slight.

Exactly, this setting should fix it.
But, I agree with Martin that it's hardly noticeable, so I wouldn't bother it too much.
I also agree this is a great render ;D love it!

If you still have time and motivation to work on this I'd like to make a couple of suggestions.

At which settings did you render this and how long did it take? I'd really like to see this one rendered with better GI (boat and trees) and more samples in your atmosphere and clouds. The settings are already good, but I really would like to see this one ultra-smooth ;D Think it will be even more photorealistic as it already is.

Secondly, the trees on the left are a bit "lonely". I don't know if you have any bushes for example. It would be great to see some ground cover and perhaps, if I'm not asking too much, one or two different tree species mixed in for variation. Of course you can only crop-render this to save much time.

Fantastic work so far, for sure!

Martin