TG Classic Remake ¤ NWDA Contest WIP ¤

Started by Mohawk20, May 21, 2009, 05:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohawk20

Thanks Walli.
I have decided to get rid of her, also because for the best realism she needs sss, and we don't have that. Otherwise I'd have added a car and perhaps some cottages on the mountainside.

The cloth is supposed to be a towel she grabs in a hurry, fumbled up for a speedy retreat...

I'm now working on the displacements, but It's gonna take a while before I get the scales right.
Howgh!

littlecannon

Stretched PFs eh.... hadn't thought about that one for strata, cheers Martin. I'm with the others about the girl, it doesn't fit the scene, takes away realism and looks cheesy. I like the progression I'm seeing as the scene moves on, keep on trucking...
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

Dune

Why don't you put the girl on the little piece of beach that you can just see and shrink her to half or a third her size? She's still there, but not that obtrusive. She is very stiff, indeed and looks quite large in comparison to the trees on the right.
Maybe a few stones (or some garbage) in the sand between the grasses?

Mohawk20

Truth is, the girl was just a little test to see how such objects would hold out in a scene like this. I never expected her to stay. This relationship just wasn't meant to be...
Howgh!

littlecannon

I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

Henry Blewer

Add a lmabert shader, like she just came out of the water. :-\
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Mohawk20

Lambert Shader does the same as the Translucency setting of the Default Shader, and that doesn't really help, I tried.
Howgh!

Mohawk20

How does this look TU?
Noise stretched only 5 on x and z, but it looks better already...
Howgh!

Tangled-Universe

There's already some improvement, but not yet what I had in mind:

Perhaps it's better to stretch the fractals even further. I usually use at least 10 for both X and Z.
It's "best" to apply it to the steeper surfaces, I'm not sure how you've restricted them at the moment.

The scales are quite big, I'd use very small scales and less scale variation.
I have scales in mind like I the ones I've drawn in the image.
It's probably easiest to let the preview finish and measure the desired scale and apply it to your stretched powerfractal.
So if you find a size of 10m then make the powerfractal scales like: 10m feature, 25 large and 1 or 2m small scale.
Also, make it quite contrasted to get sharp profiles.
Don't forget to break up the powerfractal for variation.

Hope some of this will help further.

Martin

Mohawk20

I'll try...
The powerfractal is set as a child layer of the Rocks Surface shader, and has a slope constraint of 20.
Howgh!

Mohawk20

Okay, I have a problem!
It's called vacation. I'm going to Italy tomorrow, and I'm back on the 29th. In the mean time my pc's are switched off.

I have rendered the final piece, only to discover it wasn't big enough.
See below...

How can I enter the final version if it's not complete? Any thoughts?
Howgh!

tee

Hmm I'd be more worried by the half a leg.
Shame it's a great image.

Henry Blewer

Come to Binghamton NY. We have great Italian food here. AT least you would not be missing that. ;D

I wish I had the full version, I'd render it for you, then send it in; provided it did not break the submission rules.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Mohawk20

Thanks Njeneb!
But you'd also need the Xfrog tgo plant bundle...

And I'm rendering a final piece this night, hoping it will finish in time.
Howgh!

Mohawk20

It's done!
So here is the final version!

Now to find a place to officially enter it into the contest...
Howgh!