Caveat Nauta (possible NWDA entry WIP)

Started by dandelO, May 22, 2009, 12:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Not sure I like the tower at the moment(Mr_Lamppost Gaudi Tower), I think I'll add some grass and small trees to the clifftop around it...

[attachimg=#]

Thanks for looking! :)

EDIT: Removed Gaudi Tower - replaced lighthouse.

Removed left-most rocks - replaced ship

WIP...

EoinArmstrong

Excellent lighting and displacements - water's nice too; good and subtle placement of the object :)

darthvader

FrankB

Very well done, dandelO! :)
I like this image a lot. I would agree that the tower, while a good idea to place something on the cliffs, doesn't really fit. It simply is not as realistic as the rest of the image, although I cannot put my finger on it as to why. I also like the foam you added here and there, and of course the rock surface and structure.

Great one!

Cheers,
Frank

Cyber-Angel

You could replace the tower with a lighthouse, if you have one, I like this image.

;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

Seth

good job.
as the other said, the tower seems to be out of place ^^

Phylloxera

The rock is successful! As for the tower .....

domdib

Very impressive. Unlike others, I quite like the tower, although it gives the scene a faintly sci fi vibe, which may not be what you're after.

I guess the cave is the finalised version of your procedural cave from the other thread? Are you going to share your secret sauce?  ;)

dandelO

Thanks guys, the tower will be replaced/omited in an ongoing update... :)

Does anyone mind if I use this as a wip for the NWDA hee-haw? It is new and when I posted it I did have mention of that in the title, but I removed it at the last minute. If there are any objections to changing its status at this point, I understand.

Seth

I personnaly see no problem with that... let's hear what T-U, Ryan and Frank will say :)

dandelO

Thanks, Franck, I'll wait. :)

FrankB

Cool dandelO, just go ahead!

Cheers,
Frank

dandelO

dandelO

Changed from the original image to the one displayed now.

There was a large rock left-most in the water and close to camera, it's gone now and I've balanced it with a more distant feature; the approaching nauta.

Also gone is Mr_L's Gaudi Tower, it just didn't fit, replaced it with a lighthouse. I'll have to find another use sometime for the cool tower model.

Work to be done to the clifftop: Some other signs of barren life, old plants/trees, possibly ivy on the lighthouse, I have an ivy model to fit it but it's on another hard drive that I'm not sure is working...

dandelO

[attachimg=#]