Grassy Hill (NWDA Submission) Final Render

Started by littlecannon, May 23, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlecannon

Hi All,
Here's my latest render... just finished then HDR Merged in photoshop. On a MacBook Pro 2.53 intel core duo, 4GB RAM, took 5.5 hours, 0.7375 Quality, 5 antialiasing, GI 2,2,8. It uses mainly Walli's grass cover and Pines.... Thanks Walli for those.

It's still a WIP as I'm likely to be tweaking it for ages. Comments welcome.

Cheers, Simon.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

Mohawk20

Great plant placement and lighting!
Very realistic...
Howgh!

RArcher

Loving it, very nice work.  For your final image I would suggest increasing the atmosphere settings to reduce a bit of the grain, and increase your AA to 10 or higher as this will really help the grasses in the foreground.

Oshyan

Very nice work! I actually kind of like the grain in the atmosphere, though it could be reduced a bit (I just would not worry about eliminating it entirely). The grasses look great in this lighting. I agree with Ryan that more AA would be good though.

- Oshyan

DJ

Great, especially the foreground looks like a photo.

DJ

littlecannon

Hi Guys...
Thanks for all the comments, I'm gonna re-render it with some higher samples (I'm doing one now with different lighting just to see. Although the clouds are looking a bit wrong (hard)... I'll post) and AA (thanks RAcher).

Thanks Oshyan about the noise... I feel it gives a bit of realism like taken from an SLR with a high iso. (Although this will come down when rendered with a higher AA)

I spent quite a while doing the grass populations... using painted shaders (I love these things) and lighting (Thanks Mohawk20 and DJ).
I see more renders coming on!

cheers, Simon.

ra

This is very well composed! Lightning and the populations are absolutely fantastic!  :o
Mouthwash? We don't need no stinking mouthwash!! [MI2]
See what I see: www.earthlings.com
http://dinjai.deviantart.com

MacGyver

Very good for a WIP :) What exactly did you do with HDR in Photoshop?
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

littlecannon

Thanks... @ MacGyver, In Photoshop I created 3 shots at 2 EV stops difference, then went to automate and Merge HDR, Tweaked the settings a tad and that was the result. I did take it into Photmatix, but Photoshop gave a more realistic look, which I was after.  ;D

MacGyver

What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

trekker317

Very nice render, Congratulations!

Thierry

rcallicotte

OMG.  This looks real.  VERY nice.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

jaf

That, my friend, is one great render!  :o
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Seth

good composition and good render

littlecannon

Hi Everyone... another test render, slightly different lighting. Still working on it. I am going to try and paint shade out the clouds above the trees on the left, around the sun... and I'm not sure about the bluebells either.