Grassy Hill (NWDA Submission) Final Render

Started by littlecannon, May 23, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlecannon

Quote from: Seth on June 04, 2009, 01:26:30 PM
but you should not listen to others taste as YOU are the creator of this render ;)

;D Yeah.... but think of the combo of everyone's input, which is deffinitely a great help... Thanks.
Simon.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

Seth

Quote from: littlecannon on June 04, 2009, 02:16:09 PM

but think of the combo of everyone's input

disagree !
Like I already said before, quoting The Great Dirty Harry : "Opinions are like assholes; everybody has one." ;)

littlecannon

Hahaha..... I am thinking about the tech help more than composition. And I'm glad people like what I have come up with. ;D

Seth

tech advices are great, taste critics are "useless" (not really, the word is too strong) because they make you try to please people and not to please you and your idea of the render you're doing :)

littlecannon

Spot on... everyone is entitled to my opinion.  ::)

balogo

Very, very very beautiful. photoreal - congratulations

littlecannon

Hi guys after 67 hours of rendering... I have another pic.

MacGyver

Great improvement over the last image concerning the lighting! :)
Still a little grain in the upper lower left of the trees though but that's Terragen's problem :-\
Which render settings did you use?
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Mohawk20

Great clouds! I like where this has come, though I didn't think the initial image needed a lot of improvement anyways... ;)
Howgh!

littlecannon

Thanks all, this is nearly there now. And I might render it again, with higher atmo samples. ;D

EoinArmstrong

The lighting and colours are very natural indeed - as you suggest more atmo samples, and maybe a little less AA?

I notice that some of the leaves/needles on the trees and near-fully transparent...

littlecannon

Quote from: EoinArmstrong on June 10, 2009, 06:37:06 AM
I notice that some of the leaves/needles on the trees and near-fully transparent...

Thanks for the comments, Yeah, I was messing about with the translucency setting and went a bit too far. other than that, I'm quite happy with it.

Henry Blewer

I think this contest is going to very difficult for the judges. There are so many creating really stunning work, it's wonderful!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Zairyn Arsyn

its looking wonderful!

it makes me want to go hiking.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

MacGyver

Quote from: njeneb on June 10, 2009, 08:00:30 AM
I think this contest is going to very difficult for the judges. There are so many creating really stunning work, it's wonderful!

I wouldn't want to be one of the judges... in this respekt, I'm a bit Monk-ish, so deciding what image is best would be pure horror ;D
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine