Freshness (water study) - NWDA Contest submission

Started by GioMez, May 25, 2009, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GioMez

Here where I live these days were very hot days  :-\
So I needed some freshness! ;D

Seriously, TG2 can render the best water I've ever seen!
This, of course, is a WIP; some improvements need to be done (expecially on the stones and the "wet layer"). Feel free to suggest something  :)

Hope you like it!

P.S. I almost forgot! Models by Walli (and sold by NWDA. Thanks guys!)

FrankB

veeery nice :-)
Are you going to submit that to the contest?

Cheers,
Frank

Tangled-Universe

Very interesting!
I like the POV a lot, offers a detailed foreground and a nicely built up depth. The elements of big stones, grasses and plants work very well.
The lighting is pretty well but on the small stones I think it looks a bit "flat" (no obvious idea of direction of light).
The water looks fresh indeed, but the bloom is a bit distracting I think. Maybe you could disable the bloom or reduce the brightness of the reflections slightly and slightly increase the spread of reflections along.

Looking forward to see your update!

Martin

Seth

Very good start to me too !
i really like your light and composition. the colours of the big stones in the foreground is great (lovely moss).
be careful, you have some vegetation coming out of the left rock though ;)
hope to see some more soon !

domdib

I think the foreground is excellent,  but something about the background isn't working for me - I presume you've applied a DOF mask, but instead of looking like a blurred version of the high quality foreground, it just looks a bit like a low quality render there.

typerextreme

wow. i like. although i agree with Tangled-Universe about the bloom on the water.
Computer stats

Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
RAM: 2gb
Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family 358 MB
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46 Ghz

Mohawk20

I don't know... I like the bloom. It adds to the freshness, and realism.

Great render!
Howgh!

tumasch

Perhaps I'm not that picky about other people's renders but I think this is near perfection!
Wonderful job. My meager knowledge of TG2 doesn't allow to give any more hints. ;)
Décider c'est mourir un peu.

Walli

great render, very nice mood!

DJ

Fantastic, gratulations!
My only suggestion:  more variation in the smaller stones would look even more realistic.

DJ

rcallicotte

This is perfect.  Completely like a photo, though a little fuzz (at the very top).
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: tumasch on May 26, 2009, 02:21:58 AM
Perhaps I'm not that picky about other people's renders but I think this is near perfection!
Wonderful job. My meager knowledge of TG2 doesn't allow to give any more hints. ;)

Picky is probably not what you really meant, however I'd like to explain that I consider Gio a rapidly evolving/learning TG2 user who can make very nice images. He already proved that for me.
As far as I know him he will consider my suggestions (and from the others as well) rather helpfull than being picky/over-criticising :)

Cheers,
Martin

Zylot

This is really really good, could almost pass for a photograph.

tumasch

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on May 26, 2009, 11:01:49 AM
Quote from: tumasch on May 26, 2009, 02:21:58 AM

Picky is probably not what you really meant, however I'd like to explain that I consider Gio a rapidly evolving/learning TG2 user who can make very nice images. He already proved that for me.
As far as I know him he will consider my suggestions (and from the others as well) rather helpfull than being picky/over-criticising :)

Cheers,
Martin
Oops, I actually wanted to say "that picky with other people's renders as I am with mine" - that makes the whole thing clearer. Misunderstanding, sorry - that's the problem sometimes if English is not my native language...I find your criticism absolutely helpful.
Décider c'est mourir un peu.