Terragen 2 with XfrogPlants Bundle Price changes and Mega-bundle

Started by xfrog, May 27, 2009, 02:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Mohawk20 on June 26, 2009, 06:10:10 PM
I got a CC from Stewart to a colleague of his about my refund, but I haven't heard anything about that any further. It's been more than a month, and I have had no concrete response as to how much an upgrade to the mega bundle would cost in my particular case, let alone any money refund wise.

I'm getting a bit tired of this!
Have you still not been refunded yet?! ::)
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

xfrog

can you please contact me directly to resolve this.

Quote from: wetbanana on June 26, 2009, 06:27:51 PM
Quote from: Mohawk20 on June 26, 2009, 06:10:10 PM
I got a CC from Stewart to a colleague of his about my refund, but I haven't heard anything about that any further. It's been more than a month, and I have had no concrete response as to how much an upgrade to the mega bundle would cost in my particular case, let alone any money refund wise.

I'm getting a bit tired of this!
Have you still not been refunded yet?! ::)

sjefen

I mailed Planetside a few days ago so I could get my product license for this Xfrog bundle, but I don't get any answer.

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Oshyan

Terje, I've seen your email but I'm not the one who handles registrations. I'll check on why it might not have been addressed yet. Sorry about the delay.

- Oshyan

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

pfrancke

while this topic is dated, I figured it is the one that I need... 

Early this week I sent the following to sales@xfrog.com, but have received no reply.
-------------------------------------------------
I'm a registered owner of non-animation TG2 and Carrara 8.
I note that you have an upgrade TG2 path to => TG2 Megabundle (code XA-13) for $799.00
Does this include XFR formats and does this include XFROG 3.5?
I am not looking for animation ability, so XFROG LITE plus 1300 XFR plants is what I seek planning to use them in Carrara and Terragen renders as a soon to retire hobbiest/artist and am looking for the best price that would get me that.  And to learn XFROG while I'm at it.
If the TG2 Megabundle works, I may do that, but am also tempted to just by XFROG LITE for 299 and do with basic plants only, (though getting all 1300 plants for the additional 500 is obviously extremely tempting!!) 
--------------------------------------------------

If anyone can answer my key question below and has anything to add, it would be much appreciated by me.

Does XA-13 inclue this include XFR formats and does this include XFROG 3.5?

airflamesred

According to the XFrog store it doesn't include XFrog but the models are in both .TGO and .XFR

So the full supercharged mega bundle looks like the better value for money

airflamesred

Now you've brought this up the xa-13 is the same price as xb27 to which I was refering

pfrancke

exactly
as far as I can figure out...

799 -- XB-27  -- tg2, xfrog 3.5, 1300 plants in tgo and xfr
799 -- XA-13 -- upgrade tg2,  mentions plants in tgo and xfr but does not explicitly mention xfrog 3.5 (not much of an upgrade! since you already have t2g and xfrog 3.5 is a question mark
499 -- XA-12 -- upgrade tg2, mentions 1300 plants but does not mention format.  If you don't get xfr, then you can't produce obj files.  (I was considering getting xfrog 3.5 lite for 299 later).

So I'm very much confused - they don't respond to email sent to sales@xfrog.com (I sent Monday I think), and their adds are not very clear (so if anyone has actually procured any of these packs, please share what they come with).   thanks for sharing airflamesred -- you see my confusion.  I'm tempted to get something, but for the amount of money involved, I'd like to be sure to know what I'm getting and what the impact is.  The above list from their adds is confusing and a mess.  Why would one want XA13 instead of XB27?  And if one wants an upgrade strategy for tg2, does XA-12 make sense or is it strictly TGO (meaning money wasted if you want to use in something besides TG2)

EDIT - fixed English and clarified response issue

airflamesred

I guess thats some sort 'Marketing strategy' for those that don't look to closely. I'm not at all familiar with XFrog so don't know how easy it is to make, or alter, trees etc but the packages seem to be aimed at TG users. Overall the XB27 is very good value, I think

Oshyan

XA-12 does not include XFRs as far as I know, so you would not be able to just buy Xfrog lite and have the same thing as the Megabundle. The price is the same anyway though, no? I think the TG2 upgrade path does include Xfrog as it's basically upgrading TG2 to the megabundle. The reason pricing may be in parity right now is we're running a sale on the bundles for Siggraph (about to be announced), so there may be no advantage (for now) for "upgrade" pricing.

- Oshyan

pfrancke

What you say makes sense, which is why I needed to know. Two smaller prices are easier to handle even when they add up the same - (but not if it doesn't work).  Anyway, I got an email from xfrog and was encouraged to hurry and purchase (I hope the upcoming Siggraph sale does not mean I made a mistake).  So I purchased.  But I purchased XB-27 (TG2 + xfrog + 1300).  I figured if I did that at least Planetside would get a piece of it.

Oshyan

Thanks for thinking of us. :) That package should give you maximum flexibility.

- Oshyan

xfrog

Yes Oshyan is correct, there is no drop in the upgrade price, its simply a sale of both bundles - one has TG2 and 1,300 TGO plants, e.g. "Standard Bundle or simply "Bundle"  and the Mega is on sale, that's TG2 and 1,300 TGO and XFR and XFROG 3.5 Full.   so you can edit any plant, and export any plant. and create new plants.  Usage both inside and outside of TG 2 is allowed.  e.g. max, maya, bryce, vue, poser, lightwave, whatever you have, you get 1,300 plants plus TG 2 license.  Bundle pricing SIGGRAPH week on xfrog.com :   standard is $499 and Mega is $799,  please NOTE: only until Friday July 31.   

www.xfrog.com     (to see TG2+xfrogplants renders, or to buy)

and

http://www.planetside.co.uk/content/view/55/94/     
for more details product info

-stewart

Quote from: Oshyan on July 24, 2010, 02:02:08 AM
XA-12 does not include XFRs as far as I know, so you would not be able to just buy Xfrog lite and have the same thing as the Megabundle. The price is the same anyway though, no? I think the TG2 upgrade path does include Xfrog as it's basically upgrading TG2 to the megabundle. The reason pricing may be in parity right now is we're running a sale on the bundles for Siggraph (about to be announced), so there may be no advantage (for now) for "upgrade" pricing.

- Oshyan