Version Number doesnt change from 2.0.1.1

Started by fxmodels, May 28, 2009, 11:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fxmodels

Hi,
I just installed the 2.0.3.1 version . When I start the installer, what comes up is REPAIR or UNINSTALL menus rather than install menus. When it completes, I still have version 2.0.1.1 and not the new one...
Any ideas what could have happened here?
Thanks,
Marc

neuspadrin

Uninstall 2.0.1.1, then run the installer.

Odd, usually mine just install over a new one, and don't bring up repair/uninstall

cyphyr

Funny I do the exact reverse, each new edition of TG2 is in its own folder within the Planetside Software folder. I too have never had REPAIR or UNINSTALL come up during a Terragen installation.
Can you simply run the installer from the desktop (or your download folder, anywhere apart from the terragen folder should do it) and point it to a new Terragen directory.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

littlecannon

I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

fxmodels

Quote from: cyphyr on May 28, 2009, 11:45:52 AM
Funny I do the exact reverse, each new edition of TG2 is in its own folder within the Planetside Software folder. I too have never had REPAIR or UNINSTALL come up during a Terragen installation.
Can you simply run the installer from the desktop (or your download folder, anywhere apart from the terragen folder should do it) and point it to a new Terragen directory.
Richard

HI Neuspadrin and Richard...
Thanks for the replies. This is the first time this has happened. Usually as with you Neus, I just install over the old and works fine. At least its has never brought up the repair option. Richard, when I run the installer from the download folder it automatically comes with with the uninstall or repair so I never get a chance to set any paths.

I will uninstall and reinstall and see what happens...
Thanks guys,
Marc

PS: littlecannon... thanks for twisting the knife ... an' yer teeth are too big!!! ha ha... [re: smiley in yer post]

Henry Blewer

Go to Download.com and get Glary Ultilities. It is freeware for non-commercial use. It has a very good un-installer and other nice stuff. I used to re-install Windows every three months. I have not had to do this since I started using Glary Utilities.
This software should get the debris out of your Windows installation. Then, you should be able to get a good clean copy of the new Terragen 2.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

fxmodels

Thanks I will go check out those utils...
M