My First Renders with Terragen 2

Started by deepdish, May 28, 2009, 10:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepdish

Hey, I'm pretty new to these forums, nice to be here. These are my most recent renders with Terragen (I got it about a week ago) They're not very good, but I'd like to learn :)

Some images were post-processed in Photoshop. The boat model was made by dandel0

;D

FrankB

Welcome!

You seem to have a pretty good handle on TG2 already. Looking forward too seeing more from you in the future :)
The one with the boat is my favourite of your collection. Nice peaceful mood.

Regards,
Frank

domdib

Welcome indeed!. I love the clouds in the first image, and the planet is quite impressive too.

PG

I like the atmosphere of the second one.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

GioMez

I like the planet and the clouds in the first one :)

tumasch

The third is my favourite - nice mood and great sky. The lighting in the first one is superb, and I love the mountains; not too sure about the clouds, though. Some of them hang very low, which looks a bit unusual. I don't quite like the second one, although you have a rather impressive mountain range there (which I usually like). But I guess it's the sun's angle which makes the whole image a bit flat as there is hardly any shadow.
I must say, for one week's experience that's a very nice start. Keep those images coming!
Décider c'est mourir un peu.

EoinArmstrong

I really like the way the light catches the clouds in the first one; the mood of the boat scene is lovely too!

deepdish

Thank you so much for the kind words, everybody! I can't wait to make some more stuff and learn more things to do in this great program!  ;D

MacGyver

Very nice indeed, I especially like the coloring of the first 2 :D
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Seth

i hope you'll go back on the third one, with the boat :)
increasing the atmo sample on this one and you'll have a good render !

rcallicotte

Very good.  I like your use of light.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

littlecannon

Welcome and I'm with Seth and FrankB with this one... go back to the boat image, which is looking very nice and do bump up the atmo samples and AA.

P.S. Does your name have anything to do with a certain US House music group?
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

dandelO

Hi, Deepdish. Very nice start with Terragen. :)
Also, I didn't make that boat. It was a free model from the internet that I just saved as .tgo and shared.

Littlecannon: I think he's a pizza, not a house musician. ;)

deepdish

Quote from: dandelO on May 30, 2009, 08:35:02 AM
Hi, Deepdish. Very nice start with Terragen. :)
Also, I didn't make that boat. It was a free model from the internet that I just saved as .tgo and shared.

Littlecannon: I think he's a pizza, not a house musician. ;)

its actually a little of both, but i do love pizza :)

thank you for the kind words dandelO! i love your work, and your models

Jack

I really like how you postwork your scenes could you give us some tips please! ;D
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/