Stanford Scanning Repository Models Can They Be Imported Into TG2

Started by Cyber-Angel, January 29, 2007, 08:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Angel

I would like to run some tests with the TG2TP renderer using models form the Stanford Scanning Repository (Namely: The Stanford Bunny and The Stanford Dragon). What I would like to know is can these be imported in the native file format they are in or one of the known formats I know they are in such as .PLY and VRML?

If not could you tell me where I could find these models in a format that TG2TP supports as I'd like to start my tests as soon as possible?

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

MeltingIce

That would be pretty sweet, those models are millions of polys so I would like to see how TG2TP handles them.  I would probably be able to convert vrml to .obj in Cinema 4D.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Cyber-Angel

Thanks MealtingIce could you put the resulting conversions in a .zip file and put it up on the "Sheared Files" forum if that would be possible?

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

Will

Intresting idea cyber-angel the only thing that I would wonder about would be whether TGTP could handel the poly-count but I could lower it in Zbrush if MelthingIce could convert it to .obj.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

MeltingIce

I'm having issues finding where to download the models in vrml format.  Any chance you could link me?

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

bobbystahr

An enterprising Imagine3D user[my base modeller] uploaded a number of these, poly reduced to sane levels, to an Imagine site at  www.imagine3d.org. As near as i can remember there's no dl's unless you register but it's a free site and wothh it for the dl's if you're interested.Alternaely, you might want to let me get them and upload to shared files as ,thinking now....they'd be Imagine's .iob format..3DXplorer reads these if you have that. let me check on the dl thing and I'll get right back to here.

bobby
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

king_tiger_666

this works for me and i'm not a member:D

http://www.imagine3d.org/modules/wfdownloads/

also those 3d files from the stanford site are huge a few 100mb each:(

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

bobbystahr

those 2 are, size wise:
dragon  Originally 1,132,830 poly's, I have reduced it down to 250,000 poly's
bunny   Originally 69,451 poly's, I decided to leave it at this resolution without any poly reduction
if you can't convert .iob let me know here and I'll .obj em fer ya. I should mention that I managed to dl without logging in so anyone can..
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mrwho

If possible, could you convert the space and ships (under models) for me? I'd really appreciate it

king_tiger_666

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Cyber-Angel

If any one has PolyTrans my understanding is, is that it has a .ply importer so if any one has PolyTrans maybe you could help out in that regard there is other software that I have found but it involves compiling source code some thing I have never done and don't know how.

Polytrans seems the way to go.

The Stanford Scanning Repository can be found here.

http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/

These models can also be found at the Large Geometric Models Archive at the Georgia Institute of Technology which are in .ply and .iv formats you can also download the as VRML files in .wrl format and can be found here.

http://www-static.cc.gatech.edu/projects/large_models/

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

Cyber-Angel

MrWho,

What format are these models in? They may still need to be converted to a format that Terragen can read!

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

bobbystahr

The models are in .iob format but I could .obj em...further to that did you mean bill grahams space zip...I'm back online for a while if you're still here, let me know..
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Here's the models of the ships with .mtl files as well. You may have to run them thru Wings3D still to make them TG2-able but I've had some luck.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New