What ruined my PERFECT render??

Started by dhavalmistry, January 29, 2007, 10:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

§ardine

I didn't need to do any modification to the dead tree model, so your copy should be good.  ;)
As it turned out the texture image wasn't any good and I just replaced it with another. (included in the above post)

All you should need to do is download the "Dead Tree 02.jpg" and "dead tree.tgd" above and place them in the same directory as your model.
Open up the "dead tree.tgd" in TG2, select the "Lwo reader 01" and go into the internal network for it. There you will see a "default shader 01" -This is all I did to get the new texture working. You can open it up to see what I did and/or save the default shader as a clip file and import it into your scene. Either way just be sure that the model in your scene is set up the same way.

I hope this is a little clearer  ;D

I also just posted over here and you might find it helpful:
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=676.msg5369#msg5369

dhavalmistry

Thanx §ardine

its gonna take me some while to get used to this...but thanx for your help...I'll try to do as you said....hope it works..

Thanx for your help...

DL
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

dhavalmistry

hey I got it working....its not seamless but atleast I got it working....thanx for your help

btw how do u make it seamless??

§ardine

Quote from: dhavalmistry on January 30, 2007, 04:45:54 PM
... thanx for your help

no problem, happy to help  ;)

Quote from: dhavalmistry on January 30, 2007, 04:45:54 PM
btw how do u make it seamless??

The texture image I uploaded should be seamless.
However if you are using your own I would use a photo editor that has a "make seamless" command. This is the easiest way.
The best way that comes to mind is to use an "offset" command and smooth out the "lines" with a clone stamp tool or smudging.

The uv mapping in your model I would say could use some work (causing discontinuous texturing and may be what you are referring to) In this case I would not be the best person to help you as I've had little experience in this  ;D

the best I could do is to suggest doing a google search for uv mapping and whatever modeler you use.
Also on second thought if you need a clearer explanation for using an photo editor to create a seamless image I would also google that as well - I've seen some very good tutorials on that subject for different editors.

~Sardine

dhavalmistry

PG

Don't know what's going on with the tree and this is probably long sorted but a few people have had this issue with the background. If you make a lot of modifications with your terrain, particularly fractals, then your entire terrain will either rise up or lower down but your atmosphere will be unaffected by it which means that it is still set for the default terrain settings. This is so because the atmosphere will then scale correctly for high altitude scenes, but if you raise the terrain, pretty much, unwittingly then you'll need to adjust the atmosphere to accomodate it. As Edlo said, haze density, bluesky, additive all need to be adjusted proportionately to how much your terrain has scaled.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Oshyan

It looks like the haze line you're talking about is just a nearer ridge of terrain that is ending, and it is a much longer distance behind it to the next ridge, so there is more haze in-between. It's just a distance thing.

- Oshyan