My Mum's a renderer...

Started by dandelO, June 06, 2009, 08:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Ha! Got my Mum into Terragen 2! (I'm between a broken life and a hard place at the moment so, back living with the parents, at 30 goddamn years old! :().

She is completely addicted, would be in her bed at this time of night usually.
Instead, she's up, on her master beast of a computer, getting jiggy with Mr.T! Loving it!

Didn't even bother with TG-old, straight off the deepend with TG2. She says: "dandelO(she doesn't really call me that ;)), these Terragen pictures are fantastic, give me a hand understanding it." So, she downloaded, installed and I went Hell-for-leather raising samples, adding cloud layers, extra GI, etc. for a basic demo scene; water, atmo, terrain, clouds(lots of full detail cloud), and the likes... 7 minutes!
She's rendering stuff in 5-15 minutes that my(current piece of crap, interim pc, due to my circumstances) computer would take 20-60 to do, woah! Gimme!

She also said she has a spare intel quad with 2.6's that just needs a motherboard attaching... For now I'm using(get this) 1gb RAM, single core 1.3ghz! A veritable shitemare for TG! I made volume 3 of the library on this piece of piffle, too!

Go my Mum! :D :D :D

Hetzen

Go girl. Sounds like you your mum is a bit of a MILR.

I didn't really type that, it's the second bottle of red speaking.

dandelO

Mum-I'd-Like-to-Render?

:D :D :D

Edit: I'm also past the point of no return, on a bottle of vodka with Red Bull. 8)

Edit 2: Which is why Hetzens reply is to a topic called 'Mu Mum's a renderer':D :D :D

Zairyn Arsyn

Quote from: Hetzen on June 06, 2009, 08:36:08 PM
Go girl. Sounds like you your mum is a bit of a MILR.

I didn't really type that, it's the second bottle of red speaking.
sick.   ;)

It would be cool if I could get my mom or dad to use terragen, they have both seen my work, and love it, but I doubt it would happen though.

maybe my stepfather would try it...... hes a artist himself.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

dandelO

Send him the PS links, Zagadka! The more the merrier! :)

cyphyr

Brilliant, keep her sweet, you know she's just itching to give you that quad. It would only be fair after all D)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Henry Blewer

Now your going to have to share render time. It could be time for that computer studio!  ;D
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

dandelO

No, we have our own computers, just, hers is about 100x as good as mine! :)

Zairyn Arsyn

Quote from: dandelO on June 06, 2009, 10:30:38 PM
Send him the PS links, Zagadka! The more the merrier! :)

I owe a great deal to him, if it was'nt for him might not be the artist I am today.

the thing is I haven't seen him 10 years, he was addicted to drugs, and my mom divorced him, and really doesn't want to see him again.
I Had some limited contact with him in 2001-2002 through e-mail, we exchanged art mostly.

he has a website, and I have his email address.
he claims he's drug free, but I don't know if thats really true.
I'm just not sure if I want to contact him again or not.
:/
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

dandelO

I met my old man for the first time when I was 18 years old.
He was just like me, in looks and personality, happy to go through life getting high, drunk whatever. We got together a few times, got high, drunk etc. and I thought, 'Nah, this isn't the relationship I have imagined I'd missed-out on for 18 years at all'. Haven't seen him since, my choice.

Thing is, I was 18, getting high and drunk is normal behaviour at that age for most folk in these parts. He was in his 40's.
I'm not that old yet(30) but, I like to think I've grown up a lot more and left that lifestyle in my teenage years. He couldn't even seem to do that at 40-odd.

You'll know yourself whether to get in touch or not. :)

PG

Family rendering would be quite cool, but yeah getting in touch with a relative (particularly parents) who you've not had a good relationship with after a long time is not a good idea in the slightest. My sister tried to find our dad after a 20 year disappearing act. Haven't seen her in nearly a year. ::)

anyway, keeping thing not depressing....
MILR????!?!? :D
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

dandelO

Just to clarify.

If ANYONE renders my mother, I will personally render them something else!  >:(

:D :D :D

Mohawk20

You will not render me anything but unconscious.... which would be fairly unpleasant, so I'll leave your mother out of it  :D :P ;)
Howgh!

mr-miley

dandelO

This is well and good. I'm all in favour of your mom bashing the bejesus out og TG2, hats off to her. What I (and probably a few others here) would like to know is.... does she have an account here on the forums? and when is she going to start posting her work? Tell her not to hide her light under the proverbial, post her renders here so we can all get a good look.  ;D

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

neuspadrin

haha, wow just thinking about it, if my mom was on any of the forums i visit.... lol... would be weird..