WIP Riverbend

Started by neuspadrin, June 15, 2009, 10:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepdish

Quote from: neuspadrin on June 18, 2009, 09:18:02 PM
another nightly update ;) i'm going to keep working on it, but the full image render time right now is just over 45 minutes now for what i post, so probably wont get my changes + new render before heading to bed.

Quite a bit of progress though, started actually working on foreground.  I'm loving the hero stone :P takes a bit of editing to get it all good to go though, and still need more tweaking.

got quite a few more ideas of what to do, and tweaking to do.

Very nice river pebbles

Hetzen

Looking really good. I'd might want to break up the near ground texture a little with some larger patches of earth/sand, to get away from that just dumped pile of gravel look. The brighter stones in you last render look really interesting in the water, but too much out of it, so maybe a mix between the second and third ground colour, with the bias toward the second. I also think you could do with some shadows from the rocks and grasses, by slightly shifting your sun position.

Something I've found really usefull when constucting scenes, is turning off the parts I'm not working on, to speed up rendertimes, and allow me to focus on areas being worked. Or just use the crop, lol, but sometimes things like water tend to get rendered even if unseen, fake stones I've found being a bit of a render pig too, etc.

FrankB

I am always amazed at TG2's capability with those fake stones. Not because in this example they are coming from the fake stone pack, but amazed technically, that creating such a complex environments is possible with standard consumer computers at all!

Regards,
Frank

neuspadrin

yep, computers sure are awesome and have advanced ALOT in power :).

But yeh i generally do a ton of cropped renders between my full preview renders. Once I get general landscape and generic shaders down, I start doing cropped renders for what area I'm working on, and then every once and awhile do a full render again (not at super high quality or anything, or high res), that allows me to get an overall feel of how the image is doing, and what/where could use some work.  I do those whenever I feel I've done enough changes to an area that it is significant enough to redo a render.

no updates tonight though, after work i spent 3 n half hours driving back home for the weekend for fathers day, and just got in.

Naoo

Hi

Wow great to see it growing better and better!

ciao
Naoo

neuspadrin

back with my computer :)

few tweaks... still working on it, trying to get the feel i want...

Henry Blewer

It's really coming along. I just noticed the light blue peaking through the clouds. Well done. I would be satisfied by now, but from the work you've done before, there is more to come. Can't wait...
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T