Asking for a few Small Cloud renders for a Comparison

Started by Paint Guy, June 21, 2009, 01:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paint Guy

Hi, new to this forum and checking out Terragen 2.

I was wondering if someone could do me a favor and render a couple of different cloud images (360 x 640 pixels) and post the images and the render times. I'd also like to see one image where the camera is up over the clouds. I currently use another application and I may be interested in Terragen if the render times are quite reasonable.

Goms

I think this is hard to compare. What type of clouds do you mean? You can have thin 2.5D clouds that will render pretty fast. Or enormously thick clouds, wich will take more time to render. Maybe the best is you post some examples with render times and your pc specifications. ;)
Quote from: FrankB
you're never going to finish this image ;-)

Seth

FrankB

Can someone please buy a shopping cart containing 5 wet bananas, 1kg bread and 2 steaks at their local supermarket, then send your purchases to me? I want to compare if your supermarket is cheaper than the one I buy at usually, and if the quality is as good as over here. Thanks,
Frank

;D ;D ;D

Henry Blewer

I have been using all sorts of clouds in my images. The render times vary by the complexity of the scene being rendered. If you like you can look at my landscapes set on Flickr. Some of the stuff is almost worthy, if I do say so myself.
Inkydigit, Schmeerlap, 7th Circle, and a few others also post their stuff on Flickr. Look in my contacts for them. There is Terragen and a Terragen 2  groups as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/njeneb

Hows that for self promotion! ::)
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

buzzzzz1

Quote from: FrankB on June 21, 2009, 07:09:06 AM
Can someone please buy a shopping cart containing 5 wet bananas, 1kg bread and 2 steaks at their local supermarket, then send your purchases to me? I want to compare if your supermarket is cheaper than the one I buy at usually, and if the quality is as good as over here. Thanks,
Frank

;D ;D ;D

You forgot to ask them to grill the steaks for you.  :D
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Zairyn Arsyn

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on June 21, 2009, 09:18:17 AM
Quote from: FrankB on June 21, 2009, 07:09:06 AM
Frank

;D ;D ;D

You forgot to ask them to grill the steaks for you.  :D

you also forgot fractal cola.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

folder

geez

give the man a break (says folder, as he scans the order and pays the bill for him) ;D

Mohawk20

That sounded a little bit hostile, and we don't want to scare off newcomers and potential customers/supporters, now do we kids?!

As for your question Paint Guy,
What type of clouds do you want a comparison of?
Howgh!

Seth

yes that's a bit mean, but as I already asked, I wonder why he didn't try to render these clouds by himself...
I mean, TG2 has a very good free version and everybody is very welcomed to use it and ask for info and tips from everyone.
A lot of people already did a lot of clouds renders and they often post the render time too, so I was very surprised to see somebody not asking for average render time of this kind of render (the search tag is not very easy for some people, as in every forums) but ask for people to render some stuff and post render time...
anyway, I hope the guy didn't take our jokes too seriously and will come back to give some details about what he wants and why he doesn't try to do it by himself :)

rcallicotte

I agree with Seth.  This forum is nice, but doing stuff for someone because they don't want to do it themselves is a bit ludicrous.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Henry Blewer

That's why I posted my Flickr link. There are all sorts of clouds in my renders. Many of the images have the render times as well.
I think he was really asking, 'What types of clouds can be created?' The answer is any. It depends on the skill level of the user.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T