The One that got Away

Started by choronr, September 26, 2010, 02:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

The One that got Away - Which one?  Answer: Both.
After numerous attempts and failures to produce a Final render, I've decided to post a Quick render of this image. I tried different image sizes including reducing the Size of subdiv cache in Mb from 400 to 200 - that didn't work either. This is the first time since January after I started to use 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate that I have had any trouble with Terragen 2.
Elements of the image:

•   Terrain: A .ter of Bright Angel Canyon; height adjusted.
•   Eleven  single objects of Lily Pads with bloom (couldn't effect a population on the water for these). The object is available at Ashundar.
•   Bass object from a friend.
•   Cattails population via Painted shader; includes one single object. Available at Ashundar.
•   Dragonfly object from a friend.
•   Whirling bubbles object (below the Bass) from ShareCG - 'Liquids' file.
•   Highland grass population via Painted shader. Available at Planetside forum.
•   Red Oak - no leaves; one single object; one population via Painted shader. Available at Ashundar.
•   Procedural grass/mud by dandelO available at Planetside forum. This is a great answer to effecting  grass coverage on your terrain.

Bob     

jbest

Great composition and mixing of objects here, Bob! This isn't the final version is it?
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

choronr

The error message received while trying to make a 'Full render' is as follows:

jbest

Hmmm! Looks like a lot of errors! So I guess you rendered it using the quick render. Did you try rendering it "fully" in the quick render?
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

choronr

Quote from: jbest on September 26, 2010, 02:58:46 AM
Hmmm! Looks like a lot of errors! So I guess you rendered it using the quick render.
I did get a Full render once; but, like an idiot, I didn't save it. Now I have forgotten what the settings were.

jbest

I did get a Full render once; but, like an idiot, I didn't save it. Now I have forgotten what the settings were.

;D

choronr

Ok, I did find the .jpg of a full render. But, I was not satisfied with the spots of the fake stones. However, the quality is much better on this image although a bit smaller.