Making a high resolution map of the planet?

Started by Far4599, July 15, 2009, 02:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Far4599

I would like to have a high resolution map of the planet i've made, but it is not very handy to render the surface by small regions and then to merge them to get the plane view. I would like to have a map with resolution 1cm:10m(map:world)
Is it possible to render small regions one by one automatically to cover the whole planet or to render the whole planet surface to file by once. Or probably there is another software that can support surface rendering to file based on the planet made by TG2

Oshyan

TG2 does not have this functionality currently. If you are handy with coding or scripting, you could probably make either a batch file or some kind of small program to edit the TGD file and call the renderer, programmatically adjusting the camera position. That's the only way you could hope to achieve that level of detail at this point. Keeping in mind that, for the entire planet, that would be a whole lot of data and a lot of render time as well.

- Oshyan

Far4599

Is it possible to render camera view and save it right to the file, without humans assistant.

Oshyan

Yes, you would use the commandline renderer, only available in the registered version. You would still need to script it.

- Oshyan