thin lines in nodes?

Started by Dune, July 17, 2009, 06:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Just a small and insignificant question; why are some lines in de node structure thinner than normal. All nodes are active...

---Dune

Hetzen

They're all the width of a pixel, it's just the angles which make them look thicker.

Dune

I don't think so, when I zoom in it stays thin... another explanation please  ;)

jo

Hi Dune,

I haven't seen that before, I think it's a bug of some sort. Do you have a project you could send me?

Regards,

Jo

Zylot

I've seen it on disabled nodes, maybe you don't have that 'slot' the node is plugged into enabled?

PG

It's plugged into the density for a cloud layer so that wouldn't be it. Plus disabling it from the parent node doesn't fade the connector. It's bizarre, I've never seen this. What do you do for it to show up Zylot? Could you post a screenshot?
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

inkydigit

I have had some lines disappear before reappaering again whilst zooming at different lengths?

Dune

It wasn't disabled.When I opened the file again (to extract a tgd for Jo), it was still there, but strangely, when deleting all unnecessary masks and reopening, it was a solid line again. So, probably a bug. If I encounter it again in a simple uploadable file, Jo, I'll post it. This one was just too heavy on clutter to post.

I do have another question; would it make a difference if I load a mask as full size psd (10MB) or the same fullsize mask as a compressed jpg (2MB)? The quality is the same, but the file much smaller. Or will TG have to decompress somehow and still 'load' the full 10MB?

Zylot

Yeah, PG yer right, I was thinking of the greyed out boxes, I though that thinned out the lines as well but it wouldn't work in this situation.

meldon

@Dune - Take a look at this post: http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=7030.0.  That addresses your mask size question.

Tangled-Universe

I also have this problem VERY often, since I tend to use a lot of nodes in my latest works this might increase chances of running into it.
Reported this some time ago already: http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=4156.0
Not that it matters, but I'm glad it is now really being recognized as a bug.
As far as I know it doesn't affect anything.

Martin

Dune

@meldon: thanks, but that was my own topic.
@the rest: I have had it again, and agree with TU that it doesn't affect anything. I figured it happens when you disable and enable again, or disable, do some other stuff, render, and enable again. I might test what happens if you copy such a node and stick in in as a replacement. To see which node it is that thins the line the incoming or outgoing.
A (relatively) worse problem I once (or twice) had is that I was unable to pull a line towards a node. It just wouldn't stick, as it should have. But I copied those, replaced them and it worked again.

meldon

So it was!....  Gosh, now I feel silly.  I guess I should look before I leap, but oh well.  I just remembered I'd seen a post which had discussed that topic, and didn't bother to look further than finding it, to see if you had already seen it.

My apologies  :D

Dune