Rainy day at the beach

Started by Dan, July 28, 2009, 04:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

hi there,
here is one of my better results with terragen 2 :) just like to get some comments, so i can improve...
be aware that i have terragen for only about 4 weeks by now so it's still pretty much a noobs work ;)
some postwork done with PS

RArcher

Hi Dan,

I think it looks pretty nice for an early work.  Here are a few suggestions you might want to play around with:

1. Increase the haze quite a bit.  Maybe around 10 or so would be good
2. Make the clouds seem heavier.  This could be by increasing the density, or the edge sharpness, or even the depth
3. Possibly increase the camera exposure
3. Unchecking "blend by stone density" may help reduce or eliminate the problems you are having with the sharp edges and fanning on your fake stones.
4.  Slightly darken the shoreline with another surface layer to make the waterline area seem wet.

Nice work with the image though, it has a good dreary mood to it.

-ryan

Henry Blewer

The haze density change is a really good suggestion. The blend as stone density also.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Dune

I think it has a very artistic feel, almost like an infrared photo. It's a choice to get into extreme reality or turn your worlds into 'Art'. I would lower the displacement of the rocks somehow, though.

Cemoa

I like the mood of this image very much. It has a very "Minority Report"-esque feel to it.  :)

littlecannon

I agree with Ryan on the tech issues.... Really nice image though. It looks pretty cold there.
cheers, Simon.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

Dan

thx for the suggestions...i've already played around a bit...unchecking the box about the stone density doesn't change anything :(
(the haze density is already at 10 by the way ;) )