Hi.

Started by bla bla 2, July 30, 2009, 01:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bla bla 2

Comment vous faites pour pouvoir créés des tornades, par exemple ou créé des liens sur les node network  ?

How you fact for can create of tornade / example or create of link sur the node network ?

Desolé pour la traduction je suis pas tres doué pour parlé anglais ^^

sorry for the trad. I am not very good for spoken english. ^^

Henry Blewer

Try this link. It has a terrain file you can use. http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=2820.0

Hope this helps!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

bla bla 2

Thank you.

Existe t'il des logiciel pour convertir des objet en l'exportant au format tgo ?

Be real he of logiciel for converter of objet in export a size tgo ?

Cheers bla bla 2.

Henry Blewer

There is a lightwave exporter for height fields. It makes huge meshes, but can be used by most 3D programs. My high school French is rusty, sorry. I hope this is the answer you were looking for.

bla bla 2

J'ai trouvé comment le convertir en tgo. Mais j'ai un autre problème : l'objet est noir. J'ai fait la même chose que pour les plantes, j'ai ajouté des images en format tiff, et pourtant c'est toujours noir. :-[

I found how to convert it in tgo format. But i have another problem. The object is black. I did the same thing as the plants, i mean i added .tiff images and yet it's still black.  :-[

Henry Blewer

Go to the objects shader tab. You will probably see something like 'parts1'. Change this to a default shader. Open the default shaders dialog box and add your images where they are appropriate. The color, specular, and bump can also be changed here. I am just learning how this works. Maybe someone can be more helpful.

bla bla 2

j'ai réussi voilà ce que ça donne :

i got it ! Look at the result :

Par contre je voudrais savoir comment on fait pour mettre d'autres textures par exemple sur les pneus, les jantes, les vitres, les phares et d'autres textures ?

On the other hand i would like to know how i can put textures for tires, rims, windows, headlights for example and other textures ?

neuspadrin

If you group the objects together when you export, you can then assign textures to the groupings. 

bla bla 2

La voiture est déjà en un seul fichier. ^^ Donc je comprends pas ce que tu dis...

The car is already in a single file. ^^ So I don't understand what you said...

Henry Blewer

If you are using Blender, load the object into it. You'll need to pull the object apart. Select EDIT OBJECTS and select the wheels. Move them to a new layer. Do this for any part of the mesh you want to have colored/textured differently. When that's all done, move the objects (You'll be in OBJECT mode now) back to the first layer. They are now ready for the color schemes. Now Export the Mesh Object only as a wavefront obj file. Let me know how you make out.
Blender is free, I use it. Also, you may want to make a simpler scene in Blender to experiment with. Try this with a sphere and a cube, moved slightly apart from each other. This way you have not used up a lot of time, and get frustrated.

bla bla 2

QuoteIf you are using Blender, load the object into it. You'll need to pull the object apart. Select EDIT OBJECTS and select the wheels. Move them to a new layer. Do this for any part of the mesh you want to have colored/textured differently. When that's all done, move the objects (You'll be in OBJECT mode now) back to the first layer. They are now ready for the color schemes. Now Export the Mesh Object only as a wavefront obj file. Let me know how you make out.
Blender is free, I use it. Also, you may want to make a simpler scene in Blender to experiment with. Try this with a sphere and a cube, moved slightly apart from each other. This way you have not used up a lot of time, and get frustrated.

J'ai utilisé blender mais le probleme c'est que je ne peux pas sélectionner tous les points des phares par exemple. Certains sont cachés et je ne les trouve pas. Ca marche avec un seul des deux phares. Tu as une idée de comment je pourrais sélectionner le phare entier ?

I used Blender but the thing is that I can't select all the points (vertices ?) of the headlights for example. Some of them are hide and I don't find them. It worked with one of the both headlights. Have you an idea about how I can select the entire headlight ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C'est bon, j'ai essayé avec d'autres voitures et ca marche je peux les  ajouter dans terragen 2, mais on voit que certaines textures. La carrosserie ne brille pas, les phares n'ont pas de texture et les vitres sont bizarres pourtant quand je les ai téléchargées sur le site sur l'image la carrosserie brillait... Aurais-je raté un réglage ?

It's ok, I tried with others cars and it work, I can add them in Terragen 2, but we only see some textures. The body doesn't shine, the headlights haven't any texture and the windows are weird. Nevertheless when I downloaded them, they were shiny. Any setting I missed ?

Dernière chose : J'aimerais bien changer la couleur de la carrosserie, comment on fait ?
Last thing (and I stop ^^) : I would like to change the colour of the body, how can I ?

Henry Blewer

I will not be as easy as this. In Blender, you need to use two Mode. One is the Object Mode. This is has the whole object selected, so you can move it around, rotate, scale, etc; It is the default when Blender starts or an Object is loaded in.
By pressing the TAB key, you enter the Edit mode. This is the mode you want to be in. To the left there are a series of boxes. When you move the mouse over them a label should appear under the mouse. Move the mouse over the 2nd to last button.  This is the Edit button. Directly below this are a group of boxes. One has <Mat>. This moves between different Materials. Below this is select and deselect. Using the <Mat> button, click on the < > buttons to move back and forth between materials. You can use select to select the whole material vertex group. The color box will change as you move between Materials. Deselect will turn the material off again.
When the correct material is found, select it. Then go back up to the boxes and click on the shading button. You should see a sphere which shows the current material raytraced on the left. This is a preview of the color and properties of the material. There should be in the second group to the right, the color chooser section under Material. This is where you can change the color, spec color, and mirror colors. When you click on a color, a window opens with the color picker. You can use the sliders to select colors. If you move the mouse off this, the window closes. This is normal. Just keep the mouse in the window until you have the color/s you want. Then press the RETURN key.

Press the TAB key again. This puts you back into the Object Mode. The Car/object should have a pink line around it. If it does not, Right click on the object with the right mouse button. It is selected.
Goto the File Menu at the top and go down to Export. Select Wavefront from the sub menu. A save object window will appear. It will show the current output path next to the P. Name the object below this and click on Export Wavefront Object on the right. A new window will appear. You'll want to select (becomes dark) Rotate X90, Copy Images, Edges, Triangulate, Polygroups, Materials, UV, Nurbs, Normals, HQ, Objects, Groups, Material Groups, and Keep Vertex Order. Then Click Export. The object is saved and ready to load into Terragen 2.

In Terragen 2, load the object using the obj import. It will ask if the object is XFrog, select No. A really tiny object will appear at 0,0,0. Move the camera down so the object is centered. Rescale the object so you can comfortably move the camera around it. This changes the objects actual size in T2.
Go to the Shaders tab. It should say parts 01. Change this to Multishader. Goto the Multishader by opening it. Click on stay open. Each Material should have it own slot. So add default shaders to each slot one at a time. Give the color of the default shader an obnoxious bright green or pink. This lets you know what part of the model you are working with. Now you can change the colors, and the other things in the defaults shader's window. Do this until all the object is colored how you wish; all materials are changed as desired.
To save this for easy importing later, go to the object in the nodes. Right click and select Save As Terragen (tgo). This will save the object and the multishader elements so you don't have to do this again.

A note, the reflectivity in the default shader does not cause a mirror/reflection. I think it has to do with the light bounce back of the shader. A reflective shader must be input to the shader to make the surface 'mirror'.

That covers what I know about importing objects into Terragen 2 from Blender. There has to be more, but I have not discovered what yet.

Happy importing. Please abide by all International and National laws. :D

EDIT: I clicked on the show nodes button in the object. You can find all the materials here, just look at the top parts with the inputs. This is the default shader for each material.