NWDA with a new design + product feedback

Started by FrankB, August 03, 2009, 05:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Hi guys,

I've been working on integrating a new template to http://www.nwdanet.com

I hope it improves usabilty and makes navigation a bit easier, next to that I hope that is graphically more appealing. I have set up a little (new) poll on the front page and would love to get some feedback.

a propos feedback:

If you have purchased a tech pack in the past and had good experiences using it, and like the quality of what we provide, please also go to the products page and leave a rating and comment or review. It would be much appreciated :-)

Lastly, I couldn't migrate the old guestbook, so if you feel like it, we're happy to hear from you through that as well :-)

Best regards and thanks in advance,
Frank

matrix2003

-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

Cyber-Angel

Hi Frank,

Overall vary nice site, one thing though, the green background is a little violent in color terms for my taste, since so much is visible I find it hard to look at for a long time but other than that i like it.  ;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

FrankB

thank you guys, I will apply a few minor tweaks over the next few weeks, and I will also look at the background green color.

Anyone else having issues with the green being too much?

I would also like to just reiterate that I would appreciate ratings and review from customers for the products.
It's easy to fdo: just go to the shop pages and leave a rating and comment there. :)

Cheers,
Frank

inkydigit

site looks great Frank...the green is fine with me, will check again on my 24" imac at home....navigation is much better...but the pages seem to take a bit long to load?....(my Download speed 982 (Kbps))?

Cyber-Angel

Hi Frank,

I'm sure other people may be fine with the green, just a personal observation on my part, nothing major just an observation.  :)

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

Henry Blewer

I was looking through the gallery yesterday, (thanks for the inspiration) the images go by too quickly. I did use the control, when I noticed it. Could a slideshow speed preference be included with someone's profile?
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

FrankB

Quote from: njeneb on August 04, 2009, 10:20:50 AM
I was looking through the gallery yesterday, (thanks for the inspiration) the images go by too quickly. I did use the control, when I noticed it. Could a slideshow speed preference be included with someone's profile?

unfortunately no, I can pre-set the slide speed to either 3, 5 or 10 seconds. Currently it is at 5 seconds. I thought 10 is a bit much, and people can always pause and switch at their own pace.

Frank

FrankB

Quote from: inkydigit on August 04, 2009, 08:57:25 AM
site looks great Frank...the green is fine with me, will check again on my 24" imac at home....navigation is much better...but the pages seem to take a bit long to load?....(my Download speed 982 (Kbps))?

Thank you Inky :)

The page should load reasonably fast, but the header slide show will take a while, as it's sequentially loading up to 1.3 MByte of images. But that should not slow down the general page loading. Can you check again if the entire page is slow, or just the slide show in the header?

Thanks,
Frank

buzzzzz1

Looks very Professional Frank.  Everything loads fast for me. Of course my speed is 294 Mb/s  (sorry Inky  ;) )

Only thing missing are the Contest Images that we all worked So hard on? 
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

inkydigit

Quote from: FrankB on August 04, 2009, 11:06:03 AM
Quote from: inkydigit on August 04, 2009, 08:57:25 AM

Thank you Inky :)

The page should load reasonably fast, but the header slide show will take a while, as it's sequentially loading up to 1.3 MByte of images. But that should not slow down the general page loading. Can you check again if the entire page is slow, or just the slide show in the header?

Thanks,
Frank
yes it was just my impatience...the headers initially took a second or two to load...revisited and everything seems quick enough, though obviously not as quick as Jay's!!! ;P

FrankB

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on August 04, 2009, 11:17:09 AM
Looks very Professional Frank.  Everything loads fast for me. Of course my speed is 294 Mb/s  (sorry Inky  ;) )

they will come, just need a bit time to see to that. ;)

neuspadrin

Looks great.  I somewhat agree on the green bg being a little distracting.  It really depends on what your current window size is.  If you full screen it with some huge resolution going on it can get really distracting as it can pull your eyes away from the white content area towards the green bg.  But if you only see a few pixels of it on either side in a smaller resolution or windowed mode, looks great :).

buzzzzz1

Quote from: FrankB on August 04, 2009, 12:02:19 PM
Quote from: buzzzzz1 on August 04, 2009, 11:17:09 AM

they will come, just need a bit time to see to that. ;)

Sounds good Frank!  BTW....... the Green is a little distracting at full screen.  How about Black??  I re sized  the window hiding the green and with the Black border on my desktop and it looked much less distracting.
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Mohawk20

Wow, looks good, very professional!
I like the green, please keep it!

Navigation is great, very easy.
Howgh!