im trying to make this

Started by Que, February 04, 2007, 07:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old_blaggard

Fantastic job!  This is an excellent image!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Denis

slashedhacker

Unless you have an absurdly fast computer that costs hundreds of dollars, pictures that are actually far more realistic/cooler looking than the one you've managed to make are not easy in this program. Just use photoshop. It's really good at that kind of stuff, especially if you have a drawing tablet. Preferably a Wacom Intuous3, which is what I got, but its like $600, got it for my christmas!  ;D I could find some examples on a website, but the one i'm paticularly familiar with is blocked right now :(

Dark Fire

Quote from: slashedhacker on February 15, 2007, 03:50:36 PM
Unless you have an absurdly fast computer that costs hundreds of dollars, pictures that are actually far more realistic/cooler looking than the one you've managed to make are not easy in this program. Just use photoshop. It's really good at that kind of stuff, especially if you have a drawing tablet. Preferably a Wacom Intuous3, which is what I got, but its like $600, got it for my christmas!  ;D I could find some examples on a website, but the one i'm paticularly familiar with is blocked right now :(
Aah, but with Terragen you can animate things very easily!

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

king_tiger_666

i have a wacom tablet there is a lot of config before its useful in photoshop...

I like how you did the motion blur on the f18's BTW are they imported objects or post processed?...

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Oshyan

Fantastic work on the final version of the image!

slashedhacker, Terragen is actually a lot easier for many people to use than it would be for them to learn to hand-paint something like that to the same level of realism. But if you have the talent to do so, more power to you! ;D

- Oshyan

Hannes

Thank you!

Shlashedhacker, I'm planning to buy a wacom, so maybe I'll try to do something like that.
But at that time doing pictures like mine with TG2TP is great fun and a challenge too.
I hope that the render times will be better in future versions, because this image took about twelve hours to render, but if you compare it to other programs, it's not that much. I don't know, how long it would take in Vue6 to render a picture like that. There's a lot of thick volumetric clouds, so it won't be a matter of minutes.

King tiger 666: the fighters are imported and on the original render. I extracted them to another layer in photoshop, blurred them and put it all back together. Then I added the engine glow and the trails.

Hannes

Volker Harun

@Hannes: Very good work. I think 12 hours are alright with this render!

Que

Hannes -great work its nice to see someone attempting a few scenes with a diffence like i need to get a few done myself ...nice planes to ..been looking for a few dragons but cant seem to see any nice objs that work ..so thats your next project a reign of fire picture lol

Hannes

In Groverwa's thread "shaft of light" I found the following link:
http://www.atoptics.co.uk/

There's a lot of interesting images of athmospheric phenomena.
I found this picture is very suitable for this thread here:
http://www.atoptics.co.uk/droplets/iridim2.htm

Hannes