A NWDA Planet beta render (by nvseal)

Started by FrankB, August 08, 2009, 11:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Hi guys,

take a look at this render from a beta of nvseal's upcoming planet packs. "Packs" as in plural. This is in fact a combination of the space shot (green planet flavor), global displacements and global cloud systems modules.

I must admit I have just taken these presets, plugged them together in the network, chose a position and hit render. No tweaking on nothing.

I am amazed, I thought I should share the render result here.

Oh, and make sure you look at this full size (4000px wide)!
If you like it, bombard nvseal with comments so that the friendly group pressure gives him that bit of extra motivation ;-)

Cheers,
Frank

PS: this is just 59% jpeg quality to meet the forum file size limit. I will upload a HQ version on my server and let you know where to find it.

FrankB

the HQ version is now accessible from the front page of NWDAnet (http://www.nwdanet.com)

Naoo

MacGyver

This is cool as it can be! :D I like the light falloff in the clouds where the sun doesn't illuminate the planet anymore. A bit of variation in the surface colours and this is close to perfect! Hm, at the top, there seems to be a bit too much contrast between the clouds and the underlying terrain, do you know what part I mean? Maybe perhaps just the height or density of the cloud layer or the reflection of the sun in the water, don't know...
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

cyphyr

Impressive indeed, I really like the cloud structures, I bet they hit the render time. I want to see more...
:)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

rcallicotte

I seriously doubt I could say anything more to reveal my desire to nvseal about seeing this completed.  But, this last render is like giving one M&M to a starving man who can't live without chocolate.

Thanks.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

FrankB

This image rendered in 3:20 hrs on my i7, which is very reasonable for a 4000px image width.
Also consider that it has a full planet size body of water, and yes the clouds add a little bit as well.
But overall, I consider this really fast.

Cheers,
Frank

FrankB

Quote from: calico on August 08, 2009, 12:44:11 PM
I seriously doubt I could say anything more to reveal my desire to nvseal about seeing this completed.  But, this last render is like giving one M&M to a starving man who can't live without chocolate.

Thanks.   ;D

Hahahaa, that's a good analogy ;D

FrankB

Quote from: MacGyver on August 08, 2009, 12:32:00 PM
This is cool as it can be! :D I like the light falloff in the clouds where the sun doesn't illuminate the planet anymore. A bit of variation in the surface colours and this is close to perfect! Hm, at the top, there seems to be a bit too much contrast between the clouds and the underlying terrain, do you know what part I mean? Maybe perhaps just the height or density of the cloud layer or the reflection of the sun in the water, don't know...

I know which spot you mean. This is exactly where the sunlight hits the water (and land, both).

tee

Zairyn Arsyn

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Henry Blewer

I am impressed. I think this pack may give some of the big production houses some thought. 3 to 4 hours for a render, using four or five machines, for say 15 seconds of shot; this is not too bad for making deadlines. I say Great Job!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

FrankB

Quote from: njeneb on August 08, 2009, 04:43:19 PM
I am impressed. I think this pack may give some of the big production houses some thought. 3 to 4 hours for a render, using four or five machines, for say 15 seconds of shot; this is not too bad for making deadlines. I say Great Job!

indeed. But also consider that they won't render at 4000px wide. Maybe half, so that's 1/4 of my rendertime per frame, approximately.

littlecannon

Very impressive, look forward to the finished product.
Cheers, Simon.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

Tangled-Universe

This looks awesome :)
The only things I'd change slightly is a bit thicker atmosphere and an arid area here and there.
The rest is just stunning!
Great rendertimes too, hence it is even with water.
More more more :P

Martin