Tweaking Story "Waterfall" THE TUTORIAL 15 august 2009

Started by aymenk2003, July 30, 2009, 04:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aymenk2003

Part 03:

Change the elevation sun light to approx. from 30  to 77. to avoid sunshine in the waterfall...
-Add a Power fractal shader in the node network area, and plug it to "heightfield generate 01" shader (top right) with these PS setting:
noise stretchXYZ 1-10-1 in the tweak noise tab .
-Add a "Twist and shear shader and plug it between "heightfield shader" and the "Compute Water" "Lean factor": 1 ,"Lean direction": 0-1-0
...to be continued...
Le peu que je sais, c'est à mon ignorance que je le dois.

aymenk2003

Part 03bis:

I didn't like the waterfall wall though I changed the setting of the "Twist and shear" and added an other one
"Twist and shear 5X":LF 5 LD 1-0-0
"Twist and shear 15Y":LF 15 LD 0-1-0
*EDIT://**due to camera orientation let's modify from X to Z LF:5 LD 0-0-1..//*** "Part03bisEDIT.jpg"

aymenk2003

Part 04:

unplug the "Power fractal shader v3 01" from the "Heightfield Generate" and change its setting:
FScale:366 ,LScale:500 ,SScale:366...Displacement ampl:300. tweak till you get get the desired displacement...
create a Redirect shader plug it before the "Compute Water" and connect its X and Z to the above PS shader
*EDIT you have to tweak the water shader 01 & 02 to get what you are looking for ...

aymenk2003

After some tweaking we end up with "Part04b.jpg"
the Underneath water (Water shader 02) need some work...

aymenk2003

Part 04c:

The waterfall was to linear ...that let me change the Power fractal shader settings (increasing them) to end up with this...
Detail 0.1125

Dune

Thanks, Aymenk, that is quite clear. It is different from my method, though. I am currently getting them perfected and will post about it soon.

---Dune

aymenk2003

Took a long time to render (old machine) I render with detail :0.1

aymenk2003

Using Glen5700 voronoi...