Puting bitmaps on objects?

Started by keraj37, August 15, 2009, 06:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keraj37

Hi folks,

Im 3ds max CG and I just started my adventure with this great tool TG2. However I dont know how to put bitmap textures such as jpgs on objects, is this posible to do? Thanks!

keraj37

Henry Blewer

There are several mapping options. I am just learning how to do this in Terragen 2. I have also been experimenting using alpha channels. Use the objects shape in T2 and render the object externally. Since I use Blender, matching camera locations has been hard.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

keraj37

thanks for replay, however I still dont know how to put bitmaps. But I think i will seek for tutorials. Anyway if somabdy knows how to solve my problem, pls help:)

Tangled-Universe

TG2 does not offer possibilities to texture models.
You have to model and texture your models outside TG2 in a modelling app.
Then export the model to something like .obj and then import in TG2.
Within TG2 you can change textures, but not change UV's etc. etc.

gregsandor

You can easily apply jpg, .tif, .bmp, images as textures on your models as long as you (or the creator of the model) has already uv-mapped the model.  Just reference the texture map in an Image Map Shader, plug that into the object's shader in the material slot in which you want it to appear.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: gregsandor on August 17, 2009, 08:14:39 PM
You can easily apply jpg, .tif, .bmp, images as textures on your models as long as you (or the creator of the model) has already uv-mapped the model.  Just reference the texture map in an Image Map Shader, plug that into the object's shader in the material slot in which you want it to appear.

Exactly,...though it looks like you're talking about the "old" multishader since there isn't a multishader with material slots anymore.

All groups (trunk, stem, leaves, flowers, etc.) have their own grey object node with a default shader attached to it.
You can change textures in this default shader by changing the diffuse image. This default shader is automatically UV mapped to the group.

keraj37

Thank you guys for replay, I already found this shader and started animation with F16 model textured in 3ds max:)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: keraj37 on August 31, 2009, 07:53:22 PM
Thank you guys for replay, I already found this shader and started animation with F16 model textured in 3ds max:)

Show it here at the forums when you're finished! ;)

Henry Blewer

keraj37

hehe ok guys as you wish if the resoult will be good enough i will post it here  on forums

Henry Blewer

Even if it has not turned out well, you should share. Everyone likes to see what others are doing. It's a great way to get tips! :)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: njeneb on September 03, 2009, 02:06:48 PM
Even if it has not turned out well, you should share. Everyone likes to see what others are doing. It's a great way to get tips! :)

Exactly!