Rendertime Calculator

Started by Volker Harun, August 20, 2009, 05:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volker Harun

Attached is a tiny software for thos who do not want to use Excel sheets.  ;D

You'll need the .Net Framework 2.0 installed on your Windows machine  ::)  :o

In the top you fill in the setting of your test-render, at the bottom the setting of the final image.
The calculated time is of course just an estimation that does not consider GI or other quality settings like Detail blending, jittering and so on.  ;)

Have fun,  ;D ;D
Volker

Edit ... the new version is here: http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=7289.msg77851#msg77851

PG

Hmm. seem to have a little descrepency with mine. :D
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Volker Harun

LOL ... did you share it?

Volker Harun

They really look identical ... I really hope that you never uploaded anywhere ... else send me by pm your email ... I will send you my source, so you will see that it is different.

Volker

Volker Harun

Err ... forget it .... I see the point ... silly me ...

Do you really render at a quality of 875?

PG

Nope. I just opened the application and that's what came up. didn't see that though. One thing I did notice is that it doesn't like using decimals. My render quality on a current render is 1.8 but it won't recognise that. Pressing the numpad decimal moves the cursor left. Comes out as 81. I tried pressing 8, then . twice and it came up with a decimal but then I pressed 1 and it went to 18

I can hear the cruel mocking laughter of Microsoft from here. I swear they invented MFC as an April fools joke

Volker Harun

cyphyr

excellent and very useful, thanks :)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

FrankB

does your app implement the decimal decimal point like " , " instead of " . ", maybe?

PG

Nope it does the same thing with , and .

Volker Harun

PG is right ... as soon as you type a ',' it is changed into a '.'.

aymenk2003

... I can't write a decimal value ...have you a solution for that ?
grants...
Le peu que je sais, c'est à mon ignorance que je le dois.

Volker Harun

Try the new version ... it is not the most comfortable way to enter numbers (the cursor still jumps to the left after entering "0. . 0, ,") .. but I am on the way.

I am glad that the folks here are used to faulty software ,-)

Volker

PG

:D. I can enter numbers and digits but I can't get a value like 1.8 the nearest I can get is .1.8 but if I try to remove the first dp it removes the other one too.

Volker Harun

This is because of one point ... it does not make sense to use higher quality settings than 1. Thatswhy my routine only filters numbers <= 1. ,-)