Dust and Fake Stones (2nd render page 3)

Started by Seth, August 26, 2009, 11:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

I understand.
and as I said, if I have some time to lose, i'll show you a version without soft light (and maybe without water)

Walli

thats looking really great!

buzzzzz1

Very realistic Franck, bravo!  Is that short dry grass bottom left or small vertical displacements?
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Seth

small spiky displacement...
it seems i have better colours now, uh ?

Seth

here is the "no soft shadow and no water" version.
Ugly shadows... I really don't like it but I post it for you cyphyr.
I hope it is more informative...

Volker Harun

Franck, this is visually very effective! ;)

Henry Blewer

To me the shadows fit the rough rock surface. You can tell the sunlight is low to the horizon. In hot sun, this makes long, harsh shadows.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Marcos Silveira

:o Go to hell you fu**ing bastard, it's AWESOME!!!! What a patience, I imagine how much time it took to test all those details.

Seth

Quote from: ro-nin on August 26, 2009, 05:58:52 PM
:o Go to hell you fu**ing bastard, it's AWESOME!!!!

HAHAHAHA greatest comment ever dude !!! ;D

Hetzen

Stunning Seth. The first one is photo real.

choronr

Gannaingh

Absolutely beautiful! Even after doing a twelve-take my mind still wants to believe that this is a photo. Awesome work!

folder

if God was a Frenchman - this is the world he would create - perfect!!! the best tg2 render to date - so many great details

david

CCC

This is very nice indeed. Mix this with some scattered strata bands here and there and some very fine soft sediment sand and who knows what else could be possible. The details alone make this spectacular.

Seth

damn... thanks guys... never thought to get so much good feedback for this one ! :)