Q: Realism

Started by Sp34k, September 03, 2009, 08:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sp34k

I have added the file:)
by the way, don't mind the settings, I did as PG suggested for the test rendering:)

... Don't kill me if I messed it up ;)
Learning history and science, wait,
Knowing that, will that put food on my plate?
Yeah, can I walk into McDonald's, into the counter,
And tell them you can make limestone from gunpowder,
Will they give me a cheeseburger if I know that shit?

domdib

It might be better if you remove this file, as it contains (according to you) one of the NWDA Presets, and simply email it to FrankB.

P.S. The scene does definitely have potential.

Sp34k

oh, good idéa O_O Thanks for the reminder Domdib, you saved my butt :)

cyphyr

Well then no-one else can help apart from Frank, which dose raise an interesting question ...
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Seth

Quote from: cyphyr on September 03, 2009, 11:11:10 AM
Well then no-one else can help apart from Frank, which dose raise an interesting question ...
Richard

Martin, Ryan, nvseal, walli,Volker and I can help too ;)

Sp34k

It feels a little strange because I don't want to do anything illegal and get my butt burned if you know what I mean.. This turned out to be a little tricky..

cyphyr

Shearing your file would not be illegal, as far as I can tell ...
:)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

PG

As long as other peoples files aren't attached then it's not illegal. You're sharing your own produce.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

FrankB

you're being funny, guys.

Anyway, it's easy to share the file without any NWDA content, by stripping out the irrelevant parts. Here's one for example. The point is not in the detailed scene elements, it's in the lighting.

Sp34k, you've done quie a few things wrong in your tgd. You have tried to get more blueish light, by making the sunlight blue, effectivly canceling all other colors from the sunlight.
What you want is that GI lights your terrain from the bluesky color. It does this by default, but you can make the GI surface color a little more blueish if you want. See the attached tgd.

Here's a scene that's similar to yours, but just more simplified. Also, you have used a strange color for the bluesky horizon color - not good. I simply added a standard atmo instead.

There are two renders attached. One is the raw output from terragen, the other is the same but slightly postworks with contrast and colors and stuff. The render detail was just 0.4, GI 1/2... but you can see that yourself.

Frank

cyphyr

Quote from: Seth on September 03, 2009, 11:15:58 AM
Quote from: cyphyr on September 03, 2009, 11:11:10 AM
Richard

Martin, Ryan, nvseal, walli,Volker and I can help too ;)

I'm sure your not trying to become the guardians of all things TG, that would be a terrible responsibility.
I would have liked to help (I enjoy helping) but with these protectionist attitudes how is that possible and how dose it help the community, looks like it only helps NWDA members and customers.
:(
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

Seth

what the ... ?!

goddamn !!!
read the posts !!!
who helped the guy here ? you ?!!!!
no you just jump in writing some critics about this and that !!!
PG tried to help, Martin tried to help, domdib tried to help, Frank tried to help, I tried to help... you ? you spit on our attitudes ?!!!

please, stop being a pain in the ass and put your energy in helping the guy instead of trying to point other attitudes !!!

damn, I am angry now !!! :(

cyphyr

Quote from: Seth on September 03, 2009, 01:17:38 PM
what the ... ?!

goddamn !!!
read the posts !!!
who helped the guy here ? you ?!!!!
no you just jump in writing some critics about this and that !!!
PG tried to help, Martin tried to help, domdib tried to help, Frank tried to help, I tried to help... you ? you spit on our attitudes ?!!!

please, stop being a pain in the ass and put your energy in helping the guy instead of trying to point other attitudes !!!

damn, I am angry now !!! :(

Your angry!!! what the F

I'm Angry

Your all in the club of accepted people who are allowed to help!!

I'm not allowed to help since Sp34kwas asked to remove the file !!!

Jeez some people
???
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

Sp34k

@FrankB

Thank you very much for this!:) I have now been studying your TGD file but im still having troubles finding the settings you are refering to.. Like "GI light your terrain from the blyesky color",  I don't know all the acronym yet, (feeling slighty stupid)

But I now try and use some of your settings in my scene to see if it adds some better lightning:) I really appreciate the TGD file you have provided along with the finish rendering!:)
Now, I have done a test rendering with some different settings, it looks like the picture I uploaded..
I'm not sure if I did it right but I changed some of my previous values with the ones from the TGD file you provided FrankB.. So far, It's definitely more bright, but I'm not sure if I made the right position for the sun?

ps.

I don't want you guys to argue because of my problems.. I haven't seen anyone argue on the forum before so please, don't make this the first time :) I appreciate all the help people are providing, it's more than I imagined.. But at some point, I can agree with the file I provided being a wrong action because, the NWDA file was included.. Im not sure if it's possible to EXPORT files in TG2 but, I removed it because I don't want to get in trouble with NWDA and their copyright..

PG

Trust me, this isn't the first time people have argued here :D.
I think what Frank meant was simply to use the GI settings that would be right for your scene. relative detail and sample quality of 2 for example and to alter the actual colour of that is used to light your terrain with the bluesky settings in the atmosphere node.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Sp34k

First time I experienced it:P It's never fun to see people argue since it leads to nothing else that negativity..

Anyways, thanks for clearing it out for me :) I'm amazed how much help people are providing.. As you know PG, I'm not the sharpest knife here so i appreciate the "translation" for all the smart TG2 words :)
I'll see what I can do with all the new knowledge i've gathered tonight..!