[feature request] Reopen last render

Started by 3DGuy, February 08, 2007, 03:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3DGuy

When you've rendered a scene and close the renderwindow I would like to reopen it. If you goto the render window now you get a blank image.

Tangled-Universe

Just like good'ol TG 0.x :)
Good suggestion, because it's useful to review your last render while working on changes.

Martin

buzzzzz

Quote from: 3DGuy on February 08, 2007, 03:19:35 PM
When you've rendered a scene and close the renderwindow I would like to reopen it. If you goto the render window now you get a blank image.

Yeah, I noticed that also. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I disable saving temp files on each scene I setup? I"m thinking that's where it would store the last rendered scene. I'll have to let it save a temp file on my next render and see if it works.

buzzzzz

Nope! Didn't work so I guess it's broken or hasn't been implemented as of yet?  ???

buzzzzz

Well I hate to tell you this but that's not an option to view last render as in the TG 9.

If you click on View in the tool bar, then Render you get a small view window pop-up right? Well it's not to view last render as I thought.  ::)  It has a render button on it, top left side. If you click on that all it does is start the render. LOL You can do the same thing by hitting F3.  So much to learn...so little time.

cyphyr

Your last renders are stored in the terragen temp file, this can be opened by clicking on : File>Explore Temporary Files. Here you will see a list of numbered folders click on "Date Modified" and your most recent render folder will be at the top. Its worth while clearing out this folder once in a while as it can fill up quite fast. I'm up to 500MB of temp files so far.
Hope this helps.
Richad
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

3DGuy

I know that you can use the temp files, but adding such an option to the program should not be too much hassle. Also, the temp dir doesn't store the HDR images, just a the bmp files. I usually save the exr files so I can adjust the exposure if needed in photoshop.

Drocket

I am a new user of Terragen so just getting on the learning curve but what would be useful would be to have a tabbed view which lists a number of previous renders, if any of you have used Modo, then you will see what I mean, I find it a really useful feature to be able to flick between renders to note the changes I have made.

By the way Terragen 2 is incredible :), I can't wait to see it develop.

Drocket.

Oshyan

We will be significantly improving the render and image viewer in the future.

- Oshyan

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.