Walli's Place

Started by Seth, September 06, 2009, 05:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

Nothing specific to say. trying Walli's vegetation.
and work on light and atmo as usual.

Many thanks to Walli and his marvelous vegetation !  :D

Naoo

Hi Seth

Please admit: It's a Foto!

ciao
Naoo

domdib

Very pretty. Are you, by any chance, using the new built-in Depth of Field effect in the camera?

Tangled-Universe

Wonderful render. The glow on the left is really nice!
Those grasses are just so awesome :)
Generate terrain, populate and render...tadaaa! I'm just kidding Franck ;) :P

Martin

cyphyr

Beautiful work here
Quote from: domdib on September 06, 2009, 06:07:39 AM
Very pretty. Are you, by any chance, using the new built-in Depth of Field effect in the camera?
I would guess not, compared to RArcher's "Walli's field" there is a distinct difference in render quality (not good/bad quality). I'd like to see this scene rendered with the new settings :)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Tangled-Universe

Interesting thoughts, what's the main difference for you Richard?

Seth

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on September 06, 2009, 06:26:41 AM

Generate terrain, populate and render...tadaaa! I'm just kidding Franck ;) :P

you're pretty right Martin !!! except i never generate terrain, i use a PF instead ! :D
the main problem was to find a good pov and the lighting/atmo part...

cyphyr

I'm not comparing the artwork or the artist but rather a quality in the render, the way one might compare a Lightwave render to a Maya render, both are great but there are some "oh so subtle" differences.

Now I've seen Seths other two images I'm not so sure especially "Promenade".

However compared to Ryans, there is a crispness, a breadth of tonality, its almost as if Ryans has been put through some HRD process without the artefacts that sometimes creates.

:)

Richard

ps: Maybe Seth will let us know if this made with the new Alpha or not
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

Tangled-Universe

I see what you mean Richard, but the reason why I asked is because both were rendered with the alpha.

I think the main difference you see is really artistic.
Franck makes images to please the eye and doesn't really take much care of accuracy regarding scales and other values. If it looks good, then it looks good.
Ryan does more or less the same but during the process and especially in post he approaches his work as a photographer.
I think these 2 different ways of working result in two different types of work with the same package.

cyphyr

Thankyou, I stand corrected :)
Its fascinating to see two artists methodology to produce similar yet distinct results.
Now how can I get my mits on the alpha. A cunning plan involving digging a tunnel, a large chicken (as a distraction .... ... .. .)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

Tangled-Universe

Well it's always good to know that it is not just only about clicking the right buttons and entering the right values, but that also artistic input is of great importance, otherwise it would be a boring technical thing :)

Seth

Quote from: RArcher on September 02, 2009, 04:39:40 PM
Richard,  the chromatic aberration was added in Adobe Lightroom

Ryan is very good at postwork too, not only with TG2, maybe that might change the result of his renders too :)
maybe the raw version might look like a bit more like mine (i really don't know to be honest)
I almost never use postwork and i never opened something like lightroom...

but yes from a guy to another, using the same software can give pretty different results.

Henry Blewer

I saw the new images on Flickr. I only was able to figure them for renders because I recognized Walli's pines in one. I thought he had taken a photo for reference on a new project! Ah, burn me once... Great stuff!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Walli

coming back from my holidays and see one incredible render after the next, really nice work. I like how the details vanish in the glow

Matt

Depth of field will probably not be in the next public release. It will probably be in the alpha-test phase for quite some time, because other things are taking priority over making depth of field a completely usable feature.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.