Hugo Weaving/Fleetwood Mac - Doubled-Up

Started by dandelO, November 04, 2009, 03:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Here's a (paraphrased)portion of the contents of a recent Skype conversation with my girlfriend regarding the movie 'V For Vendetta'...

dandelO: I think I might put on V For Vendetta before I go to bed. ...

She: Oh, aye. That's a good film. ...

dandelO: Aye, it is. I never realised, though, that it was Hugo Weaving who played 'V', until about a week or two ago. ...

She: Neither did I... Doesn't look like him, does it? anyway, what's happening tomorrow? ...

dandelO: I don't know. To be honest, I'm still stuck on the fact that Hugo Weaving doesn't look like a mask, pissing myself. ...

She: Oh! lol, it's a mask, eh? Doh! ...

dandelO: You mean you weren't being ironic and funny? I thought you were making a joke but this is even funnier!

She: Don't laugh at me!

I nearly pissed myself! Doubled-up, indeed! :D :D :D

So, in true doubled-up fashion, I'll double this post's topic aswell to save making a new one.

Visit my music player for a Fleetwood Mac song that I've murdered.

You might imagine I'd have chosen an upbeat, rocking song from their catalogue to cover; 'The Chain', 'Tusk', 'Go Your Own Way', 'etc'.
Nope. Hit'em from the sidelines... 'Songbird' is what I settled on! :D

I'll warn you, hardened Fleetwood Mac fans might possibly like to kill me for a stunt like this!

Pop-out Myspace Music player: http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.popupplayer&sindex=-1.0&shuffle=false&amix=false&pmix=false&plid=195308&artid=22897223&profid=490675845&friendid=490675845&sseed=0&ptype=3&stime=0&ap=1&rpeat=false

Thanks for laughing at my girlfriend and listening to my music! ;)

dandelO.

p.s. Did I mention I can't sing?

FrankB

hilarious ;D

... the V conversation, that is. I don't know a single song title of Fleetwood, so can't laugh at that. I could even mistake you for them. You're lucky, I suppose ;)

Cheers,
Frank

matrix2003

Martin your timing is Oh so close ....

"Remember, remember the fifth of November,
    The gunpowder treason and plot,
    I know of no reason
    Why the gunpowder treason
    Should ever be forgot."

Today is the Fourth ... was that intentional?  Or just a coincidence?
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

dandelO

Well, we were discussing going to the bonfire on Thursday, which led to me fancying watching 'V'. I didn't watch it, though, I had a Ricky Gervais stand up to watch that I forgot I had that night. I might put V on now, though... Goodnight! :)

mr-miley

That is a most excellent conversation you had. Made me laugh! Has your better half actually got her hands on you yet for that? Do we need to visit you in the hospital, bearing grapes?

Funnily enough I was thinking about watching it tonight, as its bonfire night. It's a great film, have you read the graphic novel? even better than the film.

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning