Terragen 2 Contest

Started by MeltingIce, February 10, 2007, 02:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

I knew better, but thought I could try it since the limit was 22M.  That's okay.  Thanks for the assistance, nevertheless.

Quote from: Oshyan on April 24, 2007, 03:22:03 PM
Calico, the TIFF is fine for your own use on your computer in editing and whatnot, but any image you upload to a website should be in either .jpg or, if absolute best quality is necessary (only for printing purposes, really) then .png. .jpg will save a huge amount of file size while providing virtually indistinguishable quality.

- Oshyan
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

MeltingIce

Quote from: su_liam on April 24, 2007, 03:00:13 PM
I'm so happy. I finally got a good render. Not as ambitious as I'd originally intended, but I think I'll enter it anyway. "When your sight surpasses what's plainly in view, pull your head from the clouds, keep the ground to your shoes. ... It's improper that folks get so carried away."

By the way, would it invalidate my entry to put it up on 'rosity? I'm very proud of it and designpaths isn't loading for me.
No it wouldn't invalidate your entry, so go ahead.  My server was down for a little while recently, so perhaps you visited it at the wrong time.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

MeltingIce

Sorry about the slight delay, I've been pretty busy lately.  I'm transferring the images to the voting thread now though so it should be ready in a couple of minutes!
EDIT: The voting thread is now up, you can visit it here!

MeltingIce

Voting is now over, and DeathTwister is the winner, congrats!  I will be emailing you soon  ;)

DeathTwister

OMG, I won one /smiles....The competition was awesome guys,

All of your works was so well done I am surprised I won.  /bows.. you all should get awards in my mind somehow as well.  There is a couple I would love to see Tuts on, and if I can help anyone, please email me at maylock@theatomizer.com and I am happy to share what I can.

I loved "Other Worlds by pachalmars" personally and I would love to see a tut on that planet, and how did you get the twinkling lights on the dark side of the planet Pach?  Was it post production? or did you use a shader to get that effect?

My main website is: http://theatomizer.com/   and of course all my craft I have shared on renderosity so far. ::) 8) :o ;D :D ;) :) :P ::)  Haha going to have to spruce the website up now hahahah, got visitors a coming /smiles.

DeathTwisters Alley
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Will

congrads mate great job! :)

regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

DeathTwister

Thanks guys /bows you guys are awesome artists as well, and was surprised to win.  DT
ATOMIX Productions

pachalmars

Hi,

Congratulations too.

I currently don't have the time to make a tutorial, but fell free to look at the tgd.
For the lights, i used a low-density noise as a luminosity function, and 'use Y for altitude' to select the dark area (the camera is turned so that the Y axis is horizontal).

I wonder what the next contest will be ?

DeathTwister

Thanks mate, your work was so awesome and I gave ya my vote /winks.

I was amazed at how you did the planet and was hoping it was not post work, WTG dude and thanks so much for sharing the tgd2 file "Woot", I love looking at what people have found out and don't mind sharing.  Having said that if anyone needs any of mine you may see? and want to know how I did it, I am happy to post it as well, just ley me know what ya need and wala /winks /smiles sharing among artists is so very special and we could never do this 300 years ago as artists, now we can, AWESOME /smiles.

So what is going on with new contests MeltingIce my brother?  I would like to see some water contests and discussion like we did in the orbital render contest, and lets see, other good contests would be using the fake rocks, or twist and shear, or outcrops, how about some nice atmo contests and do some maybe depths and fogs, or using the plants system maybe?  But nonce are up right now and Brother Melt needs more contests /winks.

I have a big sugestion is that Melting Ice make a big tutorial on the last post (Orbital Render contest) we did about the orbital render contest as his tuts are a bit thin on the website and it would make a killer Tutorial for all to see and they would not have to go to the forums to find the tut, what think you brother ice? That way every time we have a contest he can garner the info and make a killer tutorial from it, what you think guys? good idea? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;) ;) 8)

I like it anyway, KK back to work, just finished a tut on Fake rocks which I had be having trouble with and now I know why /winks.

Maylock  aka DT
ATOMIX Productions

dhavalmistry

so.....when and what is the next contest????
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

MeltingIce

Sorry I haven't been around for awhile guys, I've been really busy with life to be honest.  I graduate high school on friday and theres so much I'm doing that I don't have much time for this stuff.  Running the contest is a lot of work, but if anyone wants to take over for me, feel free to make your own contest.

DeathTwister

Hay bro,

all is good get back to us after you graduate high school, and a hearty well done and grats for making it through hahaha, ya did good brother. /bows  We can wait a week or so, then get cracking we need ju......

DT
ATOMIX Productions

monks

Did I hear you say you'd won yet another compo DT?!  ;D ;)

monks