Terragen 2 Contest

Started by MeltingIce, February 10, 2007, 02:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingIce

Quote from: Will on February 26, 2007, 04:58:56 AM
finally, I was getting worried.

Regards,

Will
You and me both lol.  Now submit more everyone!!!

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

DeathTwister

Hay all, I take it that the new entry was mine that was added?  I can't find it anywhare so I am hoping it was my entry  /smiles...... I did not touch Sky, camera like you stated we were not supposed to do, which was harder then you would think /winks.....If I didn't get it right and uploaded to the comp would someone let me know? hahahahahahahaha
DeathTwister
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

MeltingIce

Actually, you were allowed to move the camera.  Not quite sure where you read that you couldn't  :-\

I actually even said as a hint: "Since we are looking at your terrain through a single camera, make sure that the camera has a good (and interesting!) point of view. You can be very close to the terrain, or even in space. You decide!"

But your entry is submitted correctly, so you're fine there.

Will

Quote from: calico on February 26, 2007, 09:33:26 AM
I'm still working on mine.

:-X

2 days! The pressure is on!

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

This might be a little late, but it seems to me we addressed this question in the beginning - can we add textures using bitmaps?  It is all part of the "change the terrain" deal, right?  I'm talking about using textures in the surface shaders, fake stone shaders, etc.

This only seems appropriate to me, but if it is outside of the scope of this contest, let me know.   :P

MeltingIce

Thats fine, you can texture the terrain however you want  ;)

rcallicotte

DeathTwister

Brother Melt, /smiles.......

So where do we go to vote? and there were only 3 entries?  bummer, but makes it easier to win I guess hehehe but I don't mind loosing hahahaha rotfl.

DT 8)
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

MeltingIce

I will make a new topic in the Official Contests section of the forum with the title "Terragen 2 Terrain Contest Voting" and I will copy all the entries into there.  The contest ends tonight at midnight EST though, so everyone still has today to get your entry in!

rcallicotte

I'm still rendering and it's 9:45 CST, which means 10:45 EST.  I'm not sure it will finish rendering before midnight EST.  Would anyone venture to say the finished product could be a few minutes after?  If not, I'll understand.  Just didn't think the render would still be going, of course.

MeltingIce

Thats fine since I know you've been working on the render, just PM it to me either on these forums or the designpaths forums and I will add it to the voting thread.

MeltingIce

VOTING HAS STARTED!!

Go here to place your vote  ;D

dhavalmistry

Do I have to register to vote??
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

MeltingIce

Yea I believe so now that I think about it.  Doesn't take long though.