NWDA Terragen 2 Online Learning

Started by FrankB, September 24, 2009, 06:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

I think starting with online content makes the most sense initially. If eventually there was enough content to sell a DVD, just do it through CafePress (CD only), Create Space (DVD and CD) or one of the equivalent sites. They deal with production, packaging, and shipping, for a reasonable fee, and the actual product is quite high quality too - printed DVD face, and printed insert in color. It's all "on-demand" so no need to pay up front for a large quantity, just let your customers order as needed. https://www.createspace.com/Products/DVD/ Only $5 per DVD plus a percentage of profits. On a $25 DVD (which in my experience is cheap in the market for educational graphics content) you'd earn $16.

- Oshyan

cyphyr

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

jritchie777

I too would be very interested; however, like others it would depend on the cost - I don't have a lot of money to spend and face T2 was a bit pricey even at the upgrade price.

To be fair, if you charge you would have to have a detailed curriculum that can be viewed to allow people to determine if the price is worth what they might be able to learn.  Since I am a hobbyist I would lean towards self learning and the forum if the cost for lessons were too high, just my input...

JR

DanielHruby

I'm interested!  I would prefer to download and watch videos that have edited out the wait in rendering.  I do this with Modo training and they are great to load onto my iPhone to watch on the train.

HZZ

Hi,

I've done a fair bit with TG1 and am happy with it. My attempted move to TG2 has been OK but there's so much there, so many variables and options that I'm a tad overwhelmed. Many of the tutorials are beyond me as I don't know the basics. So, yes, I'd be interested in your efforts.

I work overseas but live in Canada. To intercept a live session would be difficult if not impossible. I'd be very interested in a 'taped' version though.

Good luck with your project.

Phil

659richard

I will be very interesting for that . I'm new with it ,and, i would like to learn more of it.
regard

FrankB

Thank you for your interest.
We haven't pursued this any further yet, but it's not given up on and we likely give it some more attention closer to year end.

Regards,
Frank

jritchie777

hydrax

Cadmium77

I'd rather have access to downloadable tutorials in higher quality than a webinar myself. I think that for you, recording a good tutorial on Camtasia and having it available for download as an .avi  would be less complicated than a webcast and wouldn't involve scheduling difficulties. And I like being able to go over a video again and again and again to study it. Plus you can edit the tutorial before posting it, removing any glitches or mistakes or tedious render time waits.

Just my two cents worth...

atzibala

I agree with Cadmium77. To me, downloadable HD videos compressed in a good quality codec would work fine.