with Selectors...Final Snow

Started by aymenk2003, September 26, 2009, 12:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aymenk2003

Terrain GC2
surfacelayer blended with Imagemap using selectors from GeoControl2
..No postwork...
any comments before the final render...?

NKAID...
Le peu que je sais, c'est à mon ignorance que je le dois.

cyphyr

Cant really see what you'd like comments about. The camera angle in "ok" but could be much more interesting as could the lighting. Mind you its difficult to critique on small low detail images. I'm guessing your experimenting with GC output, looks like its worked to me :) What kind of comments were you looking for?
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Seth

changing your sun orientation might be a good idea ...
i mean... the light on the last one is "boring" (sorry for this rude comment but i don't know any other word to describe) : a bit of light on the right and everything else in your render under shadow... mmmh...
did you try some soft shadows too ?

Henry Blewer

I have never seen a glacier except on tv. The last image sort of looks like one, but I think it's too steep. I would move the light to the right.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

aymenk2003

@seth: ...Soft shadows ...never heard .. explain...
@njeneb: I 'll try an other with a different sun position...
@cyphyr: any word from all of you is an ongoing step for me... thanks to all...

NKAID...

Seth

lighting tab => sunlight => soft shadows ;)

aymenk2003

...may be this one...?

sjwk

Not sure about the trees in that last one...

In case it's of use, this is a photo (not render) I took in the Alps of a view with similar composition and lighting to the original:

Steve.

Dan

nice terrain :) but i think you should remove the trees...i have never seen trees growing that close to a glacier...normally theres only mud and stones ;)
the lighting is ok, but i would try to get rid of the yellow tone to achieve a "colder" mood like you had on the first images...if you want to have a sunset/rise effect make the light rather red as this is what it usually looks like in higher alpine regions
finally it would be a nice effect to break up the surface of the glacier a bit...maybe with a stretched negative displaced powerfractal in a 90 degree angle to the flow
just trying to inspire :)

aymenk2003

may be this one Dan...

NKAID...

Henry Blewer

This last one looks really good. I like the blue ice look parts of the glacier now have.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Seth

the terrain and the snow looks nice. you should work your rock texture now. something with more details, more colour variation :)

Gannaingh

I agree that the rock could use some better texturing, but the snow looks wonderful!

Dune

I'd make the rocks a cooler tint of brown, and as Darthvader1 says, some better texturing, perhaps integrate some fake stones, or cracks, using the Voronoi cracks that has been posted somewhere.

Dan

yep way better :)
as the others said...just play around with the rocks a little more and this will be a really beautiful image
your work inspired me by the way...i got back to a glacier-scene i gave up a while ago...quite different to yours...but at the moment im still struggling to get good looking crevasses...