Author Topic: A Get Started Terragen 2 Tutorial for the Terrified  (Read 97231 times)

Offline DannyG

• New World Digital Art
Re: A Get Started Terragen 2 Tutorial for the Terrified
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2015, 03:17:32 PM »
Bobby's link is your key to scaling, grab the stickman or the grid. These put everything into perspective

Offline Stranded

« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2015, 08:40:52 AM »
Okay, here is my first full render based on the tutorial, which was absolutely perfect, by the way (the tutorial, NOT the render.. :) ). I still don't know squat yet but this tut gave me something that I can read and re-read to understand why I did each step in the process.

Stone color is somewhat different but that's cool. I can always work on color selection another time. This is just about the process.

The only way this could have been better is if there were a path or a trail in the tutorial. For the life of me I can't figure out how to make those.

Anyway, here it is...

Online archonforest

• !AMIGA RULEZ!
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2015, 09:24:29 AM »
Welcome!
Nice start :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Offline Stranded

« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2015, 09:52:13 AM »
Welcome!
Nice start :)

Thanks archonforest. It's a jumping off point that's for sure.

Offline bobbystahr

• Turn, and face the Strange Ch Ch Changes...D Bowie
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2015, 12:37:15 AM »
The only way this could have been better is if there were a path or a trail in the tutorial. For the life of me I can't figure out how to make those.

Anyway, here it is...

It's quite easy to paint a simple path with a Paint shader which can be used as a reverse mask to exclude terrain colours, and a positive mask for texturing the path.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Offline Stranded

« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2015, 11:01:48 AM »

Anyway, here it is...

It's quite easy to paint a simple path with a Paint shader which can be used as a reverse mask to exclude terrain colours, and a positive mask for texturing the path.

I thought I responded to this but didn't see anything posted..hmmmm.. Anyway, I am learning my way through that. Somehow I missed several great tutorials on that during my searches of the forums and internet. Oshyan pointed me in the right direction.

Appreciate the feedback.

anything