Render Sharing + Improvements

Started by GxMew, October 14, 2009, 01:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Quote from: neuspadrin on October 15, 2009, 04:36:45 PM
and thats why i'm happy adblock plus can easily block images by right clicking and telling it to block that specific image....
İ was searching the forum  preferences and could not find a way.  Thanks.
İ want to see the other good avatars.

Kadri.

GxMew

Quote from: neuspadrin on October 15, 2009, 04:40:51 PM
Quote from: GxMew on October 15, 2009, 04:38:27 PM
and thats why i'm happy adblock plus can easily block images by right clicking and telling it to block that specific image....
problem solved!!! ^w^

Well, it would be easier solved if you just stopped the flashing.  I'd be fine with it in just a normal icon... flashing, especially rapidly quick extreme flashing is where it gets annoying.

So youd like to have an image that pretty much everyone hates/blocks...?

and i like seeing other peoples avatars usually, don't feel like blocking all of them.
Pretty much...there is no rule for flashing avatars...so I am going to exorcise that right...
AMD Athlon 64 @1.6 GHZ

ATI Radeon X1250

Render Times = Days...And in some cases weeks o.o

buzzzzz1

Quote from: GxMew on October 15, 2009, 04:45:10 PM
Quote from: neuspadrin on October 15, 2009, 04:40:51 PM
Quote from: GxMew on October 15, 2009, 04:38:27 PM
problem solved!!! ^w^

Well, it would be easier solved if you just stopped the flashing.  I'd be fine with it in just a normal icon... flashing, especially rapidly quick extreme flashing is where it gets annoying.

So youd like to have an image that pretty much everyone hates/blocks...?

and i like seeing other peoples avatars usually, don't feel like blocking all of them.
Pretty much...there is no rule for flashing avatars...so I am going to exorcise that right...

Perhaps you should "Exorcise" your Avatar  ;)
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

PG

On the subject of a BOINC project for TG2 rendering, I suggested this a few months ago but haven't heard any official word from Planetside. It has received substantial support though. I'm conducting some experiments with CUDA and talking to nVidia to see how useful GPU rendering would be to TG2 rendering. They seem to think it'd be fine as several companies and universities already do it but he's getting back to me on how well it could handle fractals.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

GxMew

Quote from: PG on October 15, 2009, 05:34:57 PM
On the subject of a BOINC project for TG2 rendering, I suggested this a few months ago but haven't heard any official word from Planetside. It has received substantial support though. I'm conducting some experiments with CUDA and talking to nVidia to see how useful GPU rendering would be to TG2 rendering. They seem to think it'd be fine as several companies and universities already do it but he's getting back to me on how well it could handle fractals.
Sweet mother of god if we could get these companies to help us we can create amazing collaborative renders in a fraction of the time it would take alone...just imagine a 10,000x6,600 render at 10 AA 1.2 quality in a day o.o my god my heart just jumped...
AMD Athlon 64 @1.6 GHZ

ATI Radeon X1250

dandelO

Quotejust imagine a 10,000x6,600 render at 10 AA 1.2 quality in a day

And, just imagine a Terragen itself that could also do that. :D

GxMew

Quote from: dandelO on October 15, 2009, 06:56:57 PM
Quotejust imagine a 10,000x6,600 render at 10 AA 1.2 quality in a day

And, just imagine a Terragen itself that could also do that. :D
huh? you can do 1.2 quality on Terragen...Okay yea not that resolution...then whats the max that Terragen can go too?
AMD Athlon 64 @1.6 GHZ

ATI Radeon X1250

PG

TG2 is "only" limited by your resources. It's limited by 32bit for now, so beyond 10,000 x 10,000 would cause crashes. But for single images the jobs would be split into crops. My support and development guy at nvidia is looking into the most efficient way of doing it but he reckons that a multi-pass system would be better than a traditional scanline implementation of doing it on a pixel by pixel basis which is what GPUs are used to. So a day may be a bit of a stretch for something like that unless everyone's got GTX 295s in quad SLI ;D
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

dandelO

1.2 would be no problem. Yes, it's the resolution I was more thinking of.
I don't know, though, what's the largest render to have been succesful in TG2? Anyone...

Oshyan

It would take a lot of development to support CUDA or any GPU-based rendering approach. Not likely to happen any time soon.

- Oshyan

GxMew

Quote from: Oshyan on October 15, 2009, 11:10:39 PM
It would take a lot of development to support CUDA or any GPU-based rendering approach. Not likely to happen any time soon.

- Oshyan
Oh that's just great =__="
AMD Athlon 64 @1.6 GHZ

ATI Radeon X1250

Dune

For **sake, eliminate that flashing avatar. This way people will avoid your topics, I'm afraid. I will.

---Dune

GxMew

Quote from: Dune on October 16, 2009, 03:29:19 AM
For **sake, eliminate that flashing avatar. This way people will avoid your topics, I'm afraid. I will.

---Dune
That is not very mature...
AMD Athlon 64 @1.6 GHZ

ATI Radeon X1250

Kadri

Dune,there are many thinks i want to say about this avatar of GxMew but from his replys i get the feeling he would not care.
İ don't like to use a software because of somebody.But now i don't see it thanks to Neuspadrin's advice.
This is not one of the importing thinks in my life to be angry. He can look at his own avatar as long as he likes. An artist want to show his art....

Anyway...

Kadri.